Scroll Six: Sai & Shino

: :

"Hello, Ugly."

A fake smile was plastered on his face. Sakura made no move and did not respond. The pale artist made it his cue to sit next to her.

"I have heard about your fight with Ducky. I apologize for not being able to watch, as I was on a mission with Pervert and Dickless."

Oh, right. No wonder she didn't hear a single 'Dattebayo!' during their fight the other day. They were in a mission. Sasuke wasn't allowed to go outside of Konoha, much less go on a mission with his former teammates. He was on probation, alongside Karin, Suigetsu and Juugo.

But why didn't they include her?

Ah, she remembered the words of her silver haired sensei.

"And you didn't bring me along because I was a burden. Wouldn't want to ruin the mission if I tagged along. It's okay, completely understandable." She muttered out and sighed.

"You know," Sai began. "Dickless really wanted you to be a part of the mission, but the Old Hag, Tomato boy and Pervert opposed of the idea. It seemed like they detest your existence, and I wonder why."

"Tsunade believed a rumor that I killed a child named Mirai. Those 'evidences' Karin found at my apartment were used against me. They were not even mine to begin with. Out of all people, Tsunade knows I can't hurt a single fly. Well, unless that fly was dangerous." She whispered, tears threatening to fall.

Sai continued to listen.

"Kakashi? He was my sensei. Along with Tsunade. He knew I couldn't catch up to Naruto and Sasuke, but the only thing he did was focus on the two. Why? My clan were only mere civilians. I have no special kekkai genkai. I had no one to teach me to become stronger. Kakashi said so himself, "Yeah, she's smart and all, but if you're only smart, you won't be able to survive in the shinobi world. Booksmarts aren't the only essential thing a shinobi needs." I only passed the exams because of pure luck." She let out a bitter laugh, Sai cringing slightly, with the pinkette not noticing. Her laugh was not the same anymore.

"I don't think you're weak at all, Ugly. I actually admire your supernatural strength, and believe me when I say so." Sai gave her a smile, a smile which came from his heart. It was a true smile, Sakura noticed.

The pink haired kunoichi immediately glomped the pale artist as they tumbled down the ground, with the male at the bottom and the female on top. Sai widened his eyes at the sudden action. Sakura blushed madly.

"Oh, am I.. interrupting something?"

Those words were enough for Sakura to immediately change her position and get up, brushing her clothes with her hands as she coughed.

"N-Not at all, Shino-san. Please don't misunderstand, it was a complete accident." Sakura reasoned with the Aburame male, not wanting another rumor to spread around the village.

"Do not fret, Sakura-san. I was looking for you and I saw you here talking to Sai-san. I know you were wanting to hug him but you both fell down," Shino pushed up his glasses. "I understand."

Sakura let out a huff of relief, sitting down on a bench.

"I do heard your conversation. I apologize for that."

Nodding at Shino, she let out a smile. "It's quite alright, Shino-san. I do wonder why you were looking for me?" Sakura quirked an eyebrow at him.

Sai looked at the other male, eyeing him from head to toe. He sat on the bench, but not too near the pinkette.

"It's nothing serious, but I just want to let you know that I'm on your side." He stated.

The pink haired kunoichi widened her eyes. "What do you mean, Shino-san?"

"May I sit down?"

Sai nodded as Sakura patted the space next to her.

"I know about the Karin situation. I know she framed you about killing a small child. And the letter Ino was rambling about? It wasn't real. Karin was behind it all."

Sakura gasped as Sai widened his eyes.

"H-How did you know?"

"I placed insects in every Konoha 12 shinobi's houses, except for the bathroom of course, for privacy. They reported back to me, as they saw something unusual inside your house, which was the so-called 'evidences' Karin found."

It was unusual for the Aburame heir to address someone, specifically a comrade, without the suffix -san, -kun, or -chan. Shino was known as a respectful shinobi, so why?

"I'm on your side, Sakura-san."

: :