Scroll Eight: Mebuki and Kizashi

: :

"Please accept my deepest condolences, Haruno. This was a horrible tragedy that no one expected. They were a lively bunch, always wearing a smile on their face. It was horrendous tragedy, indeed."

Sakura's life kept on tumbling down every single day, but surely, this was the worse.

"No," she whispered. "You did nothing to stop the intruders. You did not care for my family because of the sole reason they were civilians!"

"We both know that's not true. The civilians are part of the village, we'd do anything for them."

"That rule you made was the exact opposite you did! The ANBU didn't save my parents, neither did the guards guarding the building right next to their house! You should be ashamed!"

"Haruno! Give some respect to the Hokage, you do not speak to her in that way!" The silver haired jounin exclaimed. Sakura looked at her two former teachers in disgust.

Tsunade stood, her form reigning Sakura's.

"Yes, they are a huge part of what makes a village a village, but I cannot risk the lives of ten ANBU's just to save two mere lives of two civilians."

"You.. You just said it! You admitted that their lives mean nothing to you! What a Hokage you are, Tsunade!"

Before Kakashi could grab the pinkette by the arms, she poofed, leaving the busty blonde and the silver haired jounin with wide eyes.

Sakura sat on her bed, holding a picture frame of her parents. She clearly remembered that day.

"Mom, Dad, I did it! I passed my exam! Look, now I'm a shinobi of the Leaf!"

A pink haired child ran towards two figures, holding a red hitai-ate and showed it proudly to her parents. The blonde woman, Mebuki, grinned and hugged her daughter.

"My, I'm so happy for you! I can't believe my babygirl is now a shinobi! She'll be the one protecting us!" She playfully shed a tear, fake sobs escaping her mouth. Sakura giggled.

"Yep, that's right Mom! I'll be training very hard so I'll be the one to protect you guys!"

A dark, pink haired man by the name Kizashi started crying dramatically. "My babygirl is all grown up. Sooner or later, we'll find out that she has a boyfriend! She'll forget about us!"

Sakura sweatdropped. Her parents are so dramatic, yet very sweet.

"That's where you're mistaken, Dad! I'll have a boyfriend when I'm a fully fledged shinobi, because my current goal is to give my all to protect you both. Now, it's my time to shine!" She grinned and stuck out her tongue to her parents, who laughed at her child-like attitude.

"Now now, don't wanna miss this precious moment, are we? I recommend by taking a family picture!" Mebuki exclaimed, holding out a camera. She rushed her husband and daughter to a formation, with Kizashi preparing the camera. After setting it up, he turned to the two.

"Smile for the camera!"

Once the shot was taken, the picture showed three smiling faces, with Sakura holding out her hitai-ate at the camera ever so proudly.

"We love you so much, Sakura. Do your best, ne?" Mebuki crouched down, placing a kiss on Sakura's cheeks. Kizashi laughed and patted her head. She nodded.

"Mhm! I love you both, Mom and Dad!"

"We love you most, sweetie."

That was their first ever family picture, and no one knew that it would be their last.