Chapter Three: Mistake

"This is perfect."

Giselle said as they slow danced to the classical music.

"Not as perfect as you."

He said smiling.

"I think I'm love."

She said after a few seconds.

"With what?"

He asked nervously.

"You."

Just then, a knife was stabbed into his back. Giselle screamed as she watched him being murdered. She tried to scream just as he got her. Too late.

---

Giselle shot out of the bed drenched in a cold sweat. Diaval looked up at her from her legs, tiredness swirling in his eyes.

"You okay?"

He asked pulling the blanket from the floor.

"Yeah, just a nightmare."

She said daring not to say what happened in the dream or even to say the l word. He cuddled her waist closer making them both smile. Images of their night flooded their minds. Slow dancing, music and laughter.

She stroked his hair putting him to sleep. It took her a long time to fall back asleep since she kept seeing him getting murdered by a blank face.

~♡~

Giselle woke up a few hours morning with sunlight beaming through the open curtains. Great, she forgot to close that last night. Diaval was gone and his spot was cold. She felt sad that she didn't see him first thing in the morning.

Giselle got out of bed her body glistening with golden swirls. She walked past the mirror and stopped. She walked back gasping. In her reflection, she could see those golden swirls. They weren't on her skin but under it. Looking closely she could see they were mixed with black.

She pulled her tee down looking in the mirror to see those swirls leading to her heart. She felt nothing. There was no signal they were there except that she could just see them. Looking in the mirror again, Giselle noticed her hair was more of a honey brown than black. Her fingers raked through her hair as she looked in the mirror.

She saw Diaval slide in behind the door. He leaned in the doorway looking at her. He was in a red plaid shirt, black pants and black sneakers. He slid his hands on his front pockets.

"What did you do?"

She asked coldly as she turned around to face him.

"Me? I did nothing. It's all you."

He said pushing himself off the wall, walking towards her.

"See as of today, you have about 3 days left. Your body is splitting. It's deciding if you're good enough to go to heaven or to hell with me."

He said. Giselle watched him as he inched nearer. She caught a glimpse of his eyes again which were the lightest shade of green.

"What if I want to stay with you?"

She asked softly not looking at him.

"Then we need to corrupt your soul."

He said a grin spreading across his face.

"No- see this is what I was talking about last night."

She said looking up at him, shaking her head.

"Let's go."

He said grabbing her hand, surprising her immensely.

---