Chapter Four: Solutions

Giselle pulled out her phone barely able to breathe. She dialed Riley and waited as the phone rang.

"Riley."

Giselle said her voice cracking through the tears.

"I'll be right over!"

Riley said before Giselle hung up. Giselle clung to the letter. Since when did a demon care. Giselle leaned against the wall slowly sliding down till she was on the floor.

A few minutes later there was banging on the door. Riley came in and hugged Giselle. Giselle sniffled as she buried her head into her chest.

"Riley, he left me." Giselle said softly as she closed her eyes.

"Like left left?" Riley asked.

Giselle handed her the note that had stains of tears. Riley caressed Giselle's hair as she read the note. Riley placed the note on the floor.

"Gigi, don't you get it?"

Riley asked holding Giselle's face. Giselle shook her head sniffling.

"No."

"He's in love with you!"

Riley said grabbing the note.

"He doesn't want to see you get hurt. You don't care for a person's emotions and feelings unless you care about them!"

Riley said smiling.

"Rickels, don't lie to me. He clearly doesn't love me like I love him."

"She's right you know."

A very familiar voice called out.

"Angelo?"

Giselle asked confused.

"In the somewhat human flesh."

He said smiling. Riley was quiet. Looking at Angelo reminded her of her grandfather. She couldn't shake that thought.

"What are you doing here?"

Giselle asked as she stood up wiping her face.

"I love my brother. He's my other third. Giselle, we're 247 years old and he's never, I mean NEVER looked at someone the way he looks at you. He's waited 22 years to finally get the right time to get you and when he had the chance, he couldn't."

Angelo said wiping Giselle's face.

"Why did he leave? Why not stay and settle it with me?"

She asked.

"He only had a few days to stay down on earth as a human. Again were ancient. 247 years is hideous if he were to become human forever. He wanted to corrupt your soul so you could be with him forever but as his days got closer, he couldn't."

"Gigi, you need to go talk to him." Riley said.

"I-I can't. I don't know him. I fell for the wrong guy. I don't even know why he fell." She said pacing back and forth.

"That's a story you should ask him about." Julian said as he stepped into the room.

Everyone focused on the reaper standing in the doorway. Julian smirked at Riley who blushed.

"I might not get along with Diaval so well but he really does love you."

He added.

"You started this all!"

Giselle said glaring at Julian. Julian smirked at Giselle who was glaring at him. He touched her face only to be slapped in his. Giselle pushed him back.