Prologue

"Did you find anyone else down there," the young male asks as he wipes his bloody hands on his ripped shorts. As Beta of the Blood Moon pack, it was his job to lead the search party after the battle ended. His eyes travel around the now destroyed building that used to house the rogues. Bodies lay scattered across the floor everywhere.

"I didn't get to look down there yet sir," the captain of the warriors responds gruffly. He slams his body into the door for the third time before it finally slams open causing light to spill into the otherwise dark room.

"Well then. Let's go see," the Beta announces as he nods to a couple other pack warriors. Together, with the Beta in the lead, they make their way down the long stairs into the darkness. Halfway down the stairs a terrible smell infiltrates their senses. A smell so putrid it can only be attributed to rotting flesh and old blood.

"What is that stench," the captain asks as his nose scrunches up in disgust. A low growl bounces across the walls, disorienting the warriors briefly as they search for the origin of the sound.

"Where did that come from? Let's get some light down here now," the Beta commands. Flashlights are instantly passed around the members as they continue their trek downward. The Beta sweeps his light across the room, taking in the horrible sight as he goes. A brief flash catches his attention as he turns the light back onto what appears to be an old rusted cage. Snarls and low growls come from the small figure huddled in the far corner.

"Men look over there! I think we found someone," the Beta announces as they rush down the rest of the stairs and towards the small cage. As soon as they get within 10 feet of the cage, the small figure suddenly launches itself at the side closest to the men. Small arms reach through the gaps between the bars as the growls get louder. The captain shines his light onto the snarling, flailing tiny form. In an instant, he drops his light with a gasp causing the light to flicker.

"It's a... It's a girl," he announces in shock as he watches the small girl lash out at the side of the cage. The Beta slowly approaches, only to receive louder growls.

"We aren't going to hurt you. We just want to help you and get you out of here," he tells the snarling girl quietly, his voice gentle. Her snarls don't stop as she keeps slashing her long nails towards the group of men.

"We can't get close to her. How are we supposed to get her out of here," a warrior asks. The Beta looks around while chewing on his lip in contemplation.

"We will just have to deal with the scratches and move her in the cage," the captain says, dread leaking into his tone.

"He's right. We have no sedatives and she might hurt herself if we remove her," the Beta states before slowly walking towards the cage. The rest of his men quickly follow, each grabbing a bit of the cage. Together they lift up the small cage, trying to keep it as steady as possible with the flailing girl inside. Her long, sharp nails scratch and dig into the Beta's arms and stomach before moving to the captain's body. Her snarls and growls increase as they move through the door and into the dimly lit room. She flails around wildly in the small cage.

"Let's get her into the SUV men," the Beta announces as they make their way outside to the SUV parked outside. With the help of a few other warriors, they manage to push the small cage with the small girl into the back of the car.

"We need to get her to the pack doctor immediately. I need to talk with Alpha Finn ASAP," the Beta says before shifting into a majestic gray wolf and taking off into the woods at an incredible speed. The SUV takes off down the road quickly.