Chapter 2

"Calm down," my wolf growls out angrily at the rampaging girl. The cup in her hand is hurled across the room, smashing into the door. The sound of shattering glass fills the room, mixing with her growls as glass rains down to the floor. My glare moves back to the girl who is panting heavily on top of my bed. Her previously smooth auburn hair is now knotted up once more. Small claw marks run down her cheek, reminding me I need to cut those. They aren't even wolf claws, those are just her nails. My eyes travel from her to my now destroyed room. The black walls now have long claw marks digging into the drywall, the curtains are shredded, along with the sheet she was formerly wrapped in. Various broken glass is scattered around my room along with various objects she knocked off. Stinging sensations cover my arms and chest as I stare at the marks she has left and my now tattered shirt. Her form tenses before she lets out a loud growl and launches her body at me. Her small form knocks into me violently causing me to stumble slightly. Her sharp teeth latch onto my neck as her claws dig into my sides. I let out a hiss of pain before I slam her body into the floor. I pin her legs down with my lower body before grabbing her wrists in one hand. She flails her body around wildly causing me to grip onto her jaw. I jerk her head, forcing her to look at me.

"You will calm down this instant," my wolf growls out at her. Her body tenses up at my command before shuddering as the command takes hold. Her flails stop as she stares up at me with a harsh glare.

"Good. Now I'm going to let you go now. After I let you go, we are going to have another bath to remove any left over dirt and get those tangles back out of your hair. Then you will sit still and calm while I cut your nails. Got it," I tell her with authority filling my tone. She growls lowly at me but doesn't struggle. I slowly let her go before pulling her up after I stand.

Maria, would you please come clean up my room? There was an incident this morning. The wall will be repaired later, but the curtains need to be fixed. Oh and bring some nail care tools so I can cut her claws. Be quiet when you come. She gives me a quiet response through the mind link while I carry the small girl into the bathroom and shut the door. I need to figure out her name, or at least a nick name. I sigh quietly as I turn on the water before sitting her on the counter. I swiftly remove the clothes that are covering her tiny frame. Her glare doesn't drop as I lift her body. A strange sensation travels through my body from where I touch her as I lift her tiny frame. Her sharp teeth latch onto my arm, but this time there is surprisingly no force behind it. She just kind of holds onto me with her teeth. It's kind of cute. I place her gently in the tub before dipping her head back into the water. After a brief struggle, she relents and allows me. Then after spending 20 minutes trying to untangle her hair once again, her hair is tangle free. I pull the plug from the water before lifting her from the tub and wrapping a fluffy towel around her. She lets out another soft purring noise as she rubs her cheek against it.

It's done Alpha. I respond with a quick thank you before carrying the girl into my room and placing her on my now cleaned bed. Except for the scratches in the wall, my room looks how it did before. A small bag is laying on my night stand. I pick it up as the girl scrambles up to the top of my bed and curls into it. Reaching in, I grab a pair of clippers before taking her hand in a gentle but firm grip. She struggles to get it back, but soon stops after a growl from my wolf. I slowly manage to clip away her thick, claw like nails centimeter by centimeter. She occasionally struggles to get free, but stops after a growl from me.

"Done," I mutter quietly as I release her ankle. She pulls it up to her protectively. I notice her body shaking slightly from shivers as I take in the large towel still wrapped around her. Oops. I move to my dresser and dig through the drawers before finding some more clothes for her to wear. Once I get her under control, I quickly dress her tiny frame before allowing her back on the bed. She crawls up to my pillows quickly and curls her body into them. She likes pillows, I need to remember that. I sit down on the edge of my bed and stare at her.

"Do you have a name?" She lets out a soft growl as her animalistic eyes glare up at me. I stare closely at her for a few minutes.

"I take it that's a no. Hm. How about Alex," I ask. She instantly lets out a harsh growl and I raise my hands in defense. Yeah that doesn't fit.

"Hm. Scarlett?" Her head perks up from the pillows and she looks at me.

"Do you like that name? Scar," I ask her. She lefts out a soft mewling noise before going back to rubbing her body into the pillows.

"Scarlett it is." She nods slightly as she curls into the pillows. Her eyes slowly slip closed as her breathing evens. She's only ever calm when she sleeps. It's been a week since she arrived and she still hasn't spoken. She still growls constantly and at everything, but at least my wolf can make hers calm slightly.

Maria. We are going to need a lot more pillows. The fluffier the better. Thank you. She responds with a short answer before I hear her movement downstairs. Maybe the pillows will help her calm down.