𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐚𝐱

———✰———

"Veronica, do you copy? Ronnie, do you copy?" Mike's voice came through the intercom Veronica was holding.

"Yeah. Yeah, I copy" she responded.

"What are you doing on this channel?" Mike asked softly secretly knowing she was trying to talk to El.

"Nothing" she lied "you haven't taken down El's fort have you?" She asked this question a lot even though he promised her he wouldn't take it down.

"I promised you I wouldn't so I haven't" Mike sighed sadly before he asked what he originally called for. "Lucas and Dustin have 6 bucks total. What's your haul?"

"I never have a haul" Veronica told him truthfully since any money she had gone towards bills although she was hoping now her dad had a job she could start keeping some money.

"It's alright you can have some of mine," he told her kindly.

"Well, how, Uh much do you have?" She asked making his eyes widen.

"Shit! I don't know yet" he exclaimed.

"We'll go find out" she giggled.

"Okay, Meet me at my house in ten" he smiled even though she couldn't see it.

She grabbed her bike and cycled to Mike's house who was cycling away from an angry Nancy.

"What did you do?" She asked amused as he came towards her.

"I got our haul... from her piggy bank" he admitted sheepishly which made her laugh as they cycled to the arcade.

"To slay the dragon, use the magic sword" Princess Daphne spoke once the group were inside the arcade and were watching Dustin play dragons lair.

"Oh, Jesus! I'm in uncharted territory here guys." Dustin commented nervously.

"Down! Down! Down!" The other four started directing.

"I'm going! I'm going! I'm going! I'm going!" Dustin shouted back.

Then all five of them started shouting as Dustin played the game.

"No. No. No! No! No! No! I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch! Piece of shit!" Dustin shouted as he lost the game.

"You're not nimble enough. You'll get there one day. But until them, Princess Daphne is still mine" Lucas bragged.

"Whatever. I still top on centipede and Dig-dug." Dustin told him.

"You sure about that?" Keith, one of the workers, told them as he appeared behind them.

"Sure about what?" Dustin asked until his eyes widened in alarm as he ran over to Dig-dug where his high score had been beaten by MadMax.

"751,300 points" Will breathed out in awe.