09

Elijah and Diana were two of the most sarcastic people once they came into contact

Elijah and Diana were two of the most sarcastic people once they came into contact. Anyone walking past the two of them would think they were serial killers, but in fact, they were combining their twisted minds and talking about things they did not wish to take part in. Everything from if they could get away with a crime, what would be and if they were to kill someone, who would it be, and how would they do it? It told the story that the two had probably watched too many horror and true crime documentaries.

They had chosen a bar rather than having dinner because it kept the whole thing on the casual side of things. They didn't have to sit there for three hours trying their best to make small talk. When it came to drinks, you could be there anywhere from half an hour to hours and hours into the night, and it would never be that awkward. Alcohol loosened the tongue, and you often found yourself baring all rather than trying to be the best version of yourself, which was usually a lie and who you wanted to be rather than who you were.

Though being in a casino was probably a bad idea as the two of them did wander off to the slots, and although neither of them lost that much money, they still lost money which was embarrassing for one another.

The casino was not far from where Diana lived and was one of the many in the city. This particular one was a part of a massive hotel chain. While New York City was an incredible city full of bars, hotels and fun, Atlantic City always held the gold this side of the states when it came to gambling. However, they were still in the brightly lit room surrounded by other people trying and failing to make a quick buck. The house always won, and today was no different.

Diana stood perched against one of the many slot machines sipping her cocktail, a pink cosmopolitan, her cocktail of choice. Her eyes were on Elijah as he got increasingly annoyed every time he pulled the lever, only to lose more money. Diana couldn't help but laugh as his frustration grew with every minute that passed. His eyes were a soft honey brown colour, and he looked so focused on the three little boxes that would tell him if he won or not. His hair was a flaming red, and he wore a brown pair of suit pants and a light blue shirt. His jacket was placed on the stand he was perched on as he leaned forwards to pull the lever again.

In the end, Elijah lost Diana's brother's weekly paycheck. To him, however, that wasn't much money, but to her, that was a lot, and it was only when Diana said he should stop that he released how much he had wasted. While watching him, she could help but wonder what that money could have been used for. It would have helped Diana and Tommy by paying their water bill or the internet rather than examining every account and ensuring they don't exceed their budget. Elijah held her gaze, not sure how to move this date forward. The two of them were having a good time with one another, and both of them had thoughts of ripping off one another clothes at some point during this night. While she enjoyed this man's company, Diana knew that it was a date, that it wouldn't go anywhere. Diana might live in fairytale dreams sometimes, but she knew that physical and emotional attraction was instant, and she knew that the feeling she got right here and now was to look warm.