Ichi

[Exams and Parents]

"Yume-sama, it's time to wake up. Your exams are coming up and you need to sit for it." as someone shook me awake, telling me that my mid-year exams are coming up and I have to sit for it.

I opened my eyes slowly and sat up, rubbing my eyes, to clear up my vision. I nodded and went to the bathroom and tied my hair up into a bun before doing anything else. After that, I did my usual morning routine and went to a specified room to taking my test.

I sat down in front of the desk that is placed in the middle of a white room. There is nothing else in that room except for two chairs, a desk and a wall clock. This is where I take my exams or tests, whenever I have to.

The same invigilator came with my paper and gave it to me, "Nijino-san, you have an hour and forty minutes to complete this paper. You may not hand the paper in the first thirty minutes and the last ten minutes of the duration given. If you wish to, you may hand it in anytime in between the allowed slot of time."

I nodded, not really paying attention to what this person is saying because she says the same thing every single time. It's like the only thing I ever hear her say, other than "Thank you for handing in your paper, your next paper is in half an hour. Please come back promptly."

I finished the paper with ease in the first thirty minutes, Mathematics was my best subject, along with Science. After that, I handed it up and took my unneeded thirty minutes break.

~~~

After I finished all of the subjects' exam papers, the invigilator left quietly and I stood up to stretch myself. What should I even do now? I'll probably go back and study, or maybe watch some videos of S4. It's my free time anyways, all I have to do now is just wait for my results to come back, even though I'm pretty sure of what it's going to be.

"Yume-sama, it's time for you to have your dinner. Would you like to have it brought up to your room or have it downstairs?" The maid asked, just as I was about to head to my room.

I thought about it, my answer would normally be to have it brought up to my room, but I heard my parent's voice, and my parents are rarely back at home.

"I'll have it at the dining room tonight! My parents are back right?" The maid nodded.

I happily skipped down to the dining room and saw my parents talking to each other. As soon as they saw me, I ran to them and gave them a hug, "Mum! Dad! You're back!"

"Yep! We're going to have dinner with you tonight!" My dad said cheerfully.

The dinner arrived shortly and I sat down with my parents, talking about anything and everything. Whenever my parents come home, they would always tell me all sorts of stories about whatever happened during their work since I don't step out much.

Or rather, I don't step out at all.

But that looks like it's about to change.

"Yume, I want you to go to your school to take your papers back tomorrow."

[To be continued...]

Look forward to the upcoming chapters! 

And don't forget to follow me on Instagram, strawberry_ensemble~

Written on: 5 May 2019