Hachi

[Sick]

Yume woke up, sweating profusely. She sat up, remembering the dream that she had just experienced. She ran her hand through her hair, bewildered.

What on Earth just happened?

Yume winced in pain and held.her head tightly, hoping her pain would go away. She changed into her uniform and went down to have her breakfast.

Why does my head hurt so much? It was just a dream...

A voice interrupted her thoughts, "Yume-chan, are you feeling alright? You look quite flushed."

Yume reassured, "Ah, Asahi-kun. I'm totally fine, don't worry about it.However, almost every single one of her friends questioned her when they saw her flushed face, worried about their friend's health. In response, Yume continue to insist that she was perfectly fine, she didn't want to miss school.

Yume dragged her feet, her body felt heavy. Her legs felt like it was about to give up on her any second. Her vision was blurry. Seeing Yume's condition, Subaru asked again, "Yo, Boiled Octopus. You sure you're alright?"

Yume wanted to ask him to shut up. She was annoyed by the fact that he still called her 'Boiled Octopus', but as she tried to turn to Subaru, her legs has finally.given up on its owner, making her fall to the ground. Her sion being filled up with black dots, her ears tuning out. The last thing she saw was an extremely blurry figure trying to catch her.

~~~

Yume opened her eyes, scanning her surroundings.

Why am I back in my room?

Right… I fainted. But who brought me back?

Yume tried to remember whatever happened but the sound of the door opening interrupted her train of thought. She was shocked at the person who stepped through the door and into her room, it was none other than Yuuki Subaru.

Subaru saw that Yume had woken up from her slumber and rushed to her with a bowl of water and the towel dipped in it. He put down the bowl and pushed Yume back onto the bed, seeing as she was sitting up when she should be resting.

"You're having a fever, you should be resting!" Subaru exclaimed.

Yume looked at the male and decided to listen to his words. She noticed that Subaru was genuinely worried and that made her smile.

"What are you smiling about? You made all of us worried!" He said, annoyed.

"So you were worried about me?" Yume voiced her thoughts out.

"Wha- NO! Why the heck would I be worried about you?!" Subaru turned away, but Yume could tell, she saw his ears turning red, telling her that Subaru was probably blushing.

Boiled Octopus. Pfft.

Subaru walked out of the room after he had Yume take all the necessary medicine and when she finally said that she would actually take a rest like how Subaru suggested.

Well, he's not that bad. If he wasn't being such a jerk all the time. My opinion of him has definitely changed, for the better I hope.

And with that, Yume went back to sleep with her last thoughts being her opinion-definitely-changed neighbour.

~~~

"Tomato!" Subaru managed to catch the unconscious Yume in the nick of time.

Subaru shook her a few times and she didn't respond. All the dorm mates look at the unconscious body and was incredibly worried. Subaru put his hand on her forehead, and it was burning hot.

She must be having a serious fever.

Subaru told the rest, "You guys just go to school. I'll take care of her. Tell me if anything important happens in school."

Subaru looked for her student ID in her bag and lifted her in princess style. He stepped into the lift and looked at Yume.

She hasn't changed after all this time…

Stepping out of the lift, he rushed into her room and put her in the bed, covered her with her blanket and headed out for a bowl of cold water and dry towel.

I hope she's alright. How did she even get a fever in the first place. She was perfectly fine yesterday! Was it because lots of people have been sending her challenges? They do cause a lot of stress…

Why am I even worried about her? Stop it Yuuki Subaru, you've got no rights to even worry about her.

Subaru dipped the towel into the water and twist it to get the excessive water out. He placed it on Yume's forehead and moved the strands of Yume's hair aside, taking a good look at her sleeping face before he turned away, covering his whole face with both his hands.

Oh my God, what the heck am I even doing?!

Subaru left the room and returned to his room. He pulled out a compartment of the drawer and sighed after looking at its content.

He lied down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He knew very well what was bugging him, but he also knew that he doesn't have the rights to be involved.

I don't deserve to act like I know her.

~~~

"Yume… I'm sorry." Subaru apologized.

What's he apologising about? I mean, calling me 'Boiled Octopus' was obviously his fault but I get the feeling that he's not apologising for that.

Yume kept her eyes closed because she felt that that was for the best. What was Subaru apologising for? Yume didn't know. But she didn't want to know either.

"It would be too much to ask you to forgive me right?" Subaru asked the "sleeping" Yume.

Yume tried her best to restrain herself from asking Subaru questions. She managed to seem like she was sleeping. She heard Subaru shuffling and heard him sit down on the ground.

It didn't take very long until the pair of them slept peacefully, close to each other, in the tranquil afternoon.

[To be continued...]

Written on: 15 June 2019

Hey guys! I know I said I was going to update last week. But I ended up sleeping on the plane so I didn't write.