San

[Meeting them]

"Are you lost?" The girl with purple hair and red glasses asked me. She seemed nice.

"I'm trying to look for the office... to get my timetable?" I said.

"Are you a new student?" A person popped up from the back of the one with the purple hair and asked me.

Am I a new student? I've been a student here for a long time already, but I've never been to school. I guess it'd be safer for me to say I'm a new student? After making my decision, I nodded and they were kind enough to show me where the office is.

"Good afternoon miss, how many I help you?" The person at the office asked.

"May I know what's my schedule? I'm a new student here."

The lady asked for my name and I told her my name was Nijino Yume, and after searching up my name, she said something rather funny.

"Nijino-san, your name is not within the system. Are you sure you're a student?" She asked, with suspicious eyes.

I raised my brow and thought about it. I'm pretty sure I'm a student, I've been taking their exams for quite a while already. I excused myself for a minute and called my dad.

It didn't take long for him to pick up.

"Hello? Yume?" His voice came through.

"Hi dad. I just tried to ask for my schedule and the person at the office said that my name isn't in the system. What's that about?"

"Ah, you need to see the Principal. You won't find yourself in the normal system. I'll tell the Principal to expect you." After that, he hung up. He said that had to continue his work.

I turned to the group of people who took me here and asked them for one more favour, "Excuse me, but do you know where the Principal's office is? He's expecting me..."

The group of them looked at each other. The tall guy with blonde hair shrugged and smiled at me, "Yeah, we'll take you there."

What's up with them?

~~~

"Come in." The voice behind the door said.

I slowly opened the door and stepped into the Principal's office. It was rather big for one person's working space. I greeted him, "Good morning Principal..." I trailed off, as I realized that I didn't know what the Principal's name was.

"Moroboshi." as if knowing my thoughts.

"Good morning Principal Moroboshi. My father told me to meet you for my schedule." I greeted him again and told him what I needed.

He pulled out one of the drawer's compartment and took a file out. He handed me that. Then he said, "Inside the file contains everything that you need to know. School rules, how the school works and everything you probably need to know."

"If you have any questions... You can always approach the people who brought you here. You'll see them a lot anyways." I turned around and looked at them, they look rather confused at the Principal's statement.

I opened the file and saw my particulars and everything inside.

"Is she our classmate Principal? But I thought only the top 20 students are in our class." One of them asked, I didn't bother taking note on who was asking since I was too busy reading.

"She is in the top 20." The Principal simply stated.

"But she wasn't announced just now during the assembly." Another said.

"Of course she wasn't announced. I didn't announce her name after all. In fact, I have never announced her name before. The reason for that being is-"

"Rank 1? What?" I said out loud.

"-she's higher than all of you." Principal said at the same time as me.

Student's Particulars

Name: Nijino Yume
Age: 15
Class: 2-A
Rank Number: 1

The whole room became silent the moment I said my rank out loud.

[To be continued...]

Written on: 9 May 2019

I think I'm going to edit my first two books, realized that there were a few grammar mistakes and stuff. If you guys notice anything, feel free to tell me.