Juu Ichi

[Journey]

Did she really forget about it all? I mean, I wouldn't blame her if she did. I was the one who decided to leave without telling her anything. But she was never the type to forget that kind of thing, I thought she would be holding a grudge against me more than anything.

I definitely don't have the right to act like I'm her best friend anymore. But I just can't help but worry about her. Even earlier today she was looking like a total wreck from her headache and stuff. After having such a headache, she refuses to take care of herself and went to the library and studied for the whole day. She probably would've forgotten to come back for dinner if Koharu didn't message her.

I ended up standing outside of the convenience store wondering if I would be weird to buy some medicine for her. I probably looked like an indecisive idiot for quite a while standing outside.

"SUBARU-KUN!" A voice jolted me back into reality.

That probably made me jump a bit, but Asahi was looking quite annoyed.

"H-huh?"

He puts his hands around his waist and complains, "I've been calling your name for the past few minutes now! Are you actually paying attention?"

"Sorry about that."

Asahi went back to talking, but I'm pretty sure that for the rest of the time that he spent talking, the words just went through from one side and left through the other. I really have got to get myself together. Why can't I just get it through my skull that she doesn't remember me? Why am I upset that she doesn't remember me?

I was the one who decided to leave without telling her anything.

I was the one who decided that it was absolutely fine without letting her know anything.

I was the one who got her hopes up telling her that my family wouldn't be moving.

So why am I so frustrated about this?

~~~

I've always disliked forgetting things. But that's what I've always felt like.

Like I'm always forgetting something. I've brought it up with my parents before, but time after time they would always say that it was just me who feels like that. They assured me that I haven't forgotten anything significant in my life.

To be honest, when I heard the same thing so many times, I began to reconsider this gut feeling I've been feeling after a certain period of my life. At some point of my life, my parents decided to have me homeschooled. They refused to let me go to school, and really, I didn't see a problem with that, so I just went along with it.

Then this just happens all of a sudden.

My parents decided to send me to school after such a long time. I didn't have any particular thoughts about it, but it was just weird. I discovered that in a school that only cares about results, I was the top student. I met new people that makes me feel like I've known them forever every time I have a conversation with them.

Most of all -- this annoying neighbour of mine who called me a 'Boiled Octopus' after the first time I met him -- makes me feel like I haven't forgotten about anything. After meeting him, I've been having weird dreams about a boy and a girl. By now, I've only managed to only figure out that the little girl in my dreams is me. But who's that boy?

Why am I only having these dreams after meeting Yuuki Subaru? Is he the one triggering these dreams of mine? What do these dreams even mean in the first place? They give me headaches every time I experience them, and it hinders my studies. I hate that.

So the obvious solution to this is obviously staying away from him right?

That's the most logical solution my brain could have thought of, but why am I so against it?

[To be continued...]

Written on: 28 July 2019

Really sorry about the late update! Stuff came up.

Anyways, hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter and the story so far. Tell me what you think about it!

See you guys in the next chapter in two weeks' time!

Next update: 10 August 2019 (Changed to 11 August, reason is written down in the conversation section, please do read.)