Juu Yon

"Okaasan, I've been having these weird dreams lately." I said to my mother.

I've been debating with myself for quite a while now, and I decided to tell my mum about it. These dreams just seem too real to be dreams on its own, but if they were my memories, why don't I remember them? Anyways, it's just a thought for now.

She looked up from her laptop and asked with a smile, "What kind of dreams were they?"

"It's always about me chasing a boy around or we're both playing together." I said nonchalantly.

Almost for a moment, I thought I saw my mother's smile falter. But then again, it could be just me right? I mean, why would it happen in the first place? It's just a dream.

"Oh? Those dreams sound nice. All happy and stuff."

I shrugged and added, "I guess so, but I never see this boy's face. Plus, I always get a headache whenever I wake up afterwards. It's incredibly annoying. I even had to ask for medicine from my neighbour."

"Who's your neighbour?"

"It's this rude guy named Yuuki Subaru. He keeps calling me Boiled Octopus or Tomato. It's so annoying!" I whined, which earned me a chuckle from my mother.

My mother was always cheerful, she would always lend me a listening ear whenever I have something to talk or rant about. She may be my mother, but she's like one of those friends that will listen to you whenever and wherever, and give you advice after. I've never made many friends since I was at home most of the time.

I continued ranting about Subaru until my mother said happily, "Seems like the both of you get along. I'm glad."

I sighed loudly, "Why does everyone say that? All we do is just argue, it's so hard to have just a decent conversation with him! I'd hardly call that 'getting along'."

"Your arguments don't really sound like arguments. Sounds like like friendly bickering."

I rolled my eyes, what is my mum saying?

I don't EVER recall having a friendly banter with my neighbour.

"Anyways, Yume. It's getting late, you can just go back to school tomorrow morning. I'll ask dad to give a call to the Principal." I nodded and headed to my room.

When I entered the room, I saw my neatly kept bed. I launched myself onto the soft bed, and sighed in relief.

"How long has it been since I haven't been on this bed? It hasn't been a long time, but it feels like it's been forever~" I turned to hug my pillow.

Looking at the wall, I thought about school. I thought about the events that happened since the short time I started going to school. Majority of the school challenged me, being unable to attend class because of it... Stepping into the hallways earns me glares...

It's weird for me to be saying this, especially when these things wouldn't be memories that would be fond of, but going to school has been quite fun. Having friends, staying in a dorm, having people- a person to argue with. These are all things that I wouldn't have experience if I stayed at home.

~~~

"Good morning Yume-chan." Koharu-chan greeted me when I met her on the way up.

"Ohayo Koharu-chan, were you about to prepare breakfast?" I greeted her back and asked.

She nodded, and I proceeded to offer my help, since I was up anyways. She smiled and accepted my offer. But before I went to help her in the kitchen, I took the lift up to my dorm to wash up first.

However, before I could step into my room which I had already unlocked with my ID, I heard a familiar voice.

"Why didn't you come back last night?"

I turned to see Subaru, he looked like he had just woken up. The bed hair gave it away. I laughed and replied, "I was just back at home, I wanted to ask my mother about something. In any case, you should really do something about your hair. It's a mess."

I laughed once more before closing my door.

[To be continued...]

Written on: 23 August 2019

This is literally a filler chapter. I'm still trying to figure out how I should continue with it, it's not that I don't have a plot in mind, I just have to figure out how to write it. I want to pace this properly. 

So, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Yume will be back in action soon, and hopeeeefully she'll remember whatever she's forgotten.

See ya in the next chapter!

RIGHT. I ALMOST FORGOT. PLEASE READ THE NEXT PART, IT'S IMPORTANT!

I'll be overseas from 28 August to 4 September for reasons (it's not for holidays), so I will not be able to release a new chapter on 31 August 2019, which is a Saturday. Therefore, the next chapter will only be released on the first Saturday of September.

I'm really sorry for not being able to upload a chapter next week. But this trip is really needed and it's IMPORTANT, just as I have said above. I hope you'll be able to wait. :(

Next update: 7 September 2019