Go

[Yuuki Subaru]

"Yes? Who are you?" She looked at me and asked.

I stared at her. She is... who I think she is right? Or did I get the wrong person?

I snapped back into reality. I said to her, "Are you supposed to be my new neighbour?"

She shrugged and nodded, "Yeah, that's what Koharu-san said. I'm guessing you're Yuuki Subaru?"

She even sounds like her. I asked cautiously, "Yes... and who are you?"

Because of this glass wall that's separating the balcony into two, it makes the distance feel so much longer. She introduced herself, "Ah right. My name is Nijino Yume, feel free to just call me Yume." 

She- It IS her! I wanted to jump over this glass wall and hug her. But why does it feel like the both of us are strangers to each other? It feels as if she doesn't know me. She doesn't show signs of recognizing me either.

In any case, I shouldn't do anything weird for now.

I noticed something though, and stifled a laughter.

I guess some people just never change huh?

"Boiled Octopus."

Calling her that made her face even more red. She pouted and said in annoyance, "Hey! My name is Yume! Y-U-M-E! It's not BOILED OCTOPUS! You're so rude!"

She stomped back inside and closed the sliding door. She closed her curtains and probably went to sleep. 

"Even her reaction's the same," I mumbled to myself.

~~~

"I can't believe him!" I exclaimed to myself, hugging the soft toy that was next to me with all my strength.

He called me 'Boiled Octopus'! And it wasn't like we're friends or anything. Who does that to someone you first met?! I plopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking back on the short-lived introductions that I just had with my neighbour.

"I'm never gonna call him by his name until he calls me by mine..." I muttered to myself before dozing off.

The next morning, I heard my alarm clock ring and I woke up to it. The time was 5.45 A.M. I got up from the bed and went to take a shower, changing into my uniform afterwards. I shifted in it uncomfortably since I'm still not used to it. I've been wearing home clothes because I don't go to school.

Unfortunately, when I stepped out of the door to go down for breakfast, it just so happens that the rude guy stepped out at the same time too. How annoying.

I sighed loudly to myself.

His response was, "Good morning... Boiled Octopus."

I glared at his face and saw that he had a smirk on it. Oh, how I wished I could just wipe it off. Why has my neighbour got to be so annoying? 

I kept my mouth shut during the time in the elevator because I didn't want to have a conversation with him. The moment the lift stopped moving, I moved out. When I saw Koharu-san cooking breakfast, I walked over to her and greeted her, "Ohayo Koharu-san. [Good morning Koharu-san.]"