Ch 6: Family {part 2}

{3rd person}
"...You. Little. Demon!" Hot tears trailed down her cheek, leaving cold rivers. The young woman's fragile hands turned into weapons forged in rage as they balled into fists.

Without a moment of thought, she charged at the illusion behind the glass prison while Loki just watched in surprise and amusement. "DON'T TOUCH MY MOTHER!" Repetitive thuds ring through his prison as her fists meet the wall. "Look what you did...!" As sadness takes over her despair becomes obvious... She shuts down. Collapsing to the floor like a wounded soldier and pressing her back to the glass wall in defeat while silent tears stream down her face in twisted, broken agony... To put it simply? She lost. He had gotten under her skin, made her lose herself, made her crumble. She lost. And he had won.

Though it might've been stupidity, guilt, or even just the plain fact that he knew exactly how it felt to lose someone so close, he wanted to apologize...

{Loki}
"Quit your whining...it can't be that bad," I mumbled, guilt-ridden. Wow. That must've helped a lot. Now, who's the churl?

I couldn't help but notice her figure trembling. My chest felt tight again. What am I doing? Didn't she deserve it...?

"You wanna know something?" Her bitterness was evident in the trembling words. "You had Thor," she continued with a snarl. "You had whatever family and whatever servants in whatever palace you came from. You know what I had?" How dare she?! She knew nothing of me! As I finally thought to say something, she stood to her feet.

Her hands were a tender, reddish hue where they had made such forceful contact to the glass. A substitute for her rage. A purple and black bite-shaped bruise stood out against the damaged tissue.

"I had my mother. And a home on the verge of collapse. That was all I had." Despite keeping a steady composure, her quaking voice did no justice.

Anger built up a bit more as a few tears left me. "You know purely nothing, don't you?" I quickly stood to my feet and weakly marched towards the glass, my injury turning it into what most closely resembled a limp. "You know nothing of my family! You stand there and whine as though you-!"

I was cut off once she turned to face me. Not the illusion. Me. In all my raw, chaotic 'glory'. Though it felt more shameful and painful than glorious. I had only then realized that the shield was brought down without my knowledge. How had I let myself get this way so easily?

"You weren't the one that people were taught to fear," I finish with a snarl as she looks at me. All I can think of to describe her at that moment would be numb. She didn't change her gaze. She stood tall as everything seethed through my pores. As every last drop of hate and pain and sadness escaped with each tear and breath, making the air in my cell become even more unbearable.

Beep

Whoosh

I'm met with clean, cool air. And a stinging slap to the face. The wall then came back down as she stood before me. "You don't tell me what I haven't experienced."

{You}
I stood with my back to the god as footsteps came closer to the clear glass behind me. "You know nothing of my family! You stand there and whine as though you-!" My fists clench. Pain shoots through my flesh but I don't care as my jaw clenches. Before I can think, I spin on the ball of my foot to face him...

The room is a complete mess. His cell is covered in the shrapnel-like remains of his furniture, everything torn apart, flipped, or broken. And then I saw him. His eyes are bright red, along with the skin around them. His long black hair no longer slicked back so neatly. He is completely disheveled...and he has obvious tears streaking his pale face. "...You weren't the one that people were taught to fear." His teeth grit as he hissed out the last sentence. Breathing got harder. My chest tightened. The wall revealed an opening and I stepped through, my hand making harsh contact with his face and a loud slap.

"I told you not to play with those morons! What if you had gotten hurt?!" My mother practically throws me into my room. "You remember what happened last time you went out, don't you?" She snarled. I rubbed a hand on my head as tears pierce my eyes. "I just-" "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!" She screams. "You knew better than to leave me! I don't want excuses!" I curl away from her, seeing her calm down as though nothing transpired. "I'm not trying to be the bad guy," She continued. "I just want you to try understanding that no one else is going to see you as I do. They'll blame you for what happened. You'll be beaten. You'll get hurt again. And I'm not here to watch you in the hospital again." She took a deep breath, stepping closer to me. I flinch as a warm hand wipes away the tears staining my face. Trembling. "They see a monster," she says. "I see my daughter."

"You don't tell me what I haven't experienced." My false bravery crumbles. The memory begins to flood my brain and I storm to the opposite side of the cell. I had suppressed it for so long, yet it burns as though it were fresh. As though it had happened just yesterday. I couldn't contain anything anymore. Every little thing mixed and overfilled until I wasn't sure whether to cry, whether to laugh at his surprise, beat him into a bloody and mangled pulp...and I blacked out again.

Tony
"The hell is taking the kid so long?" I asked no one in particular. It felt like hours since she had gone up. Maybe she fell asleep? She did say she was tired.

"Beats me. She seemed so social yesterday despite being shy." I look over at Capsicle, still completely focused on...whatever the hell was in his hands. I couldn't really tell with how far away my mind wandered from me. "Yeah...I'm gonna go check on the fresh meat. Just to make sure she didn't already get herself killed." He nods, silently 'okay'-ing my intentions.

After an obvious time skip, (I'll break the fourth wall if I want. I'm Iron Man. Suck it.) I made it to the containment area. "Kid! What's taking so-" I stopped in my tracks, looking into the holding cell. "...long."