Ch 13: Green's envy

{Loki}
I lay in my cell. With nothing else to do, my mind wanders toward that girl again. I cant quite place it yet, but...something is strange about her.

"Miss Donnie?" My brother peered in. Something was wrong. I could tell ever since she had left her room. Then the smallest voice left that room. I could barely hear her, yet the words echoed in my ears with the volume of a roaring beast.

...did she truly ask for help?

I didnt have a clue how to do anything for her. Especially after causing so much harm. Not to mention Thanos and his plans. I wanted to break free. I wanted to run and hide, burying myself somewhere where I might never be seen again. After all, who would miss me? All I am is but a tool to be used, a monster, a weapon.

The door creaked open again and Thor's red cape fluttered into the room. Just what I needed. Another brotherly visit- but my blood ran cold. Colder than cold. I couldnt breathe.

I knew it.

{You}

My smile never left my face. No matter how cold I felt, or how my shirt clung awkwardly to my stomach, it stayed plastered on my lips like that of a child receiving birthday presents. A giggle left my throat and danced through the air, an invisible ballerina. I swayed with almost graceful steps, the cape never touching the ground. I typed in my pin, waiting for the heavy doors to open when a shiver ran through me. I chuckled a bit to myself again before finally seeming to touch the floor. My hair clung in dark strands to my face.

"It seems as though you had fun," Loki's cold growl rung in my ear. My smile dimmed a bit. "Yeah. Wish you could've seen, but I doubt that you'd have enjoyed it as much as I did." His harsh eyes looked at a wall. Somewhere. Anywhere away from where I was.

My legs carried me back to my room, but not before his voice struck me in the heart.

"I hope he was good."

{The next day}

I woke up using Thor's cape as a blanket. What happened last night..? I sat up, practically frozen. The sheets were damp and my clothes lay in a soggy pile on the floor beside me. I shook my head, gripping for memory that was buried a bit too deep to retrieve immediately. So instead I stretch and clothe myself. It would be better than roaming around in my underwear all day. The air warmed up as I stepped out of my room. Loki lay on his bed, sleeping almost peacefully. I walk up and tap the glass. "Wakey wakey."

He grunts a bit before turning away from me. Unsure whether to laugh or frown, I try again. "Get up and I'll grab you something to eat." He grumbles again. "Not hungry. Go eat with Thor or something." At this point, I didn't know if he was even awake. With a sigh, I trudge out for breakfast anyway. We dont have to like eachother, I know that...but for some reason, I still felt bad. He apologized to me. I at least wanted to do something nice. It didnt seem like anybody else was awake yet. Maybe they have something I can use to make breakfast. "Friday?" "Yes, Miss Donnie?" "Just-just Donnie, please." "Alright. What would you like, Donnie?" I fiddle with my fingers. "Uh, can I make breakfast..?"

{Natasha}
Something smells good. My stomach screamed at me to eat something, so I got out of bed and investigate. But I'm not expecting to walk in to find a small table full of food and everybody else already up and eating. "Where the hell did this come from?" I ask as I find myself a seat. " Tony just shrugs. "No clue, but it's good," Bruce adds. I poke at it a bit first before grabbing a plate. There was a lot of food. "Hey F.R.I.D.A.Y., who made this?" I hear Tony asking. "Donnie asked if she could. I assisted with recipes." Are we sure it isn't poisoned? I mean, she seems nice, but we dont really know her at all. "I'll save some for later. Not feeling super hungry," I lie. Though my stomach protests, I take some and store it in the fridge. Maybe later.  Though, I do eat a stray piece of fruit she left out. I smile. She's a sweet kid. I just gotta figure out what her deal is.

{Loki}
I lay in bed. What hurts me so? She is my enemy, yet I pity her. She's not even the first woman to slap me and yet it still stings my cheek. I had deserved it after all. Though, I can't possibly wrap my mind around how she could be Thor's lover. Why do I care so much? Its not as though she would care for me the same.

"I brought breakfast," I hear from behind me. I groan softly. "I already explained that I am not-" I turn to face her, seeing a tray of food. Some type of bread with fruits and...a cloud? No, that cant be right. Beside the bread, there was strange...grey logs. Maybe they were brown. And on the tray beside these strange items was a glass of yellow. "What is that?" I wipe my foolish eyes. This cant be right, can it?

The tray slides through the wall. "Try it," she says. The aroma alone is worthy of Valhalla's glory. Yet I still prod her for answers. "Will you tell me what it is if I do? Or will you hide from me as I feast on filth?" She paused a moment before answering. "I'll tell you after you eat it. It's not anything bad, I just wanted to do something nice. Is that a crime, your highness?" My memory falls back on her walking in with Thor's cape. He must have something to do with this. It must be pity, or some form of bribery. But I'm astonishingly hungry...maybe just a bite? I look at her, and then at the 'food'. "This best not be any foolish plan against me, for I will not hesitate to crush you." I keep my eye on her. An evil smile seems to overtake her face, her eyes sparkling with something I can't place. I take one of the logs off of the plate, inspecting it closely...

~~~~~

"You must've been hungry," she says as the tray lay empty. It wasn't much food, but it was delicious. Not that I'd ever say it out loud, but...I was beginning to enjoy her company. I slid the tray back to her. "Now, would you mind telling me what I just ate?" My curiosity got the better of me. Her smile returned yet again. A sweet smile that I couldnt help but feel warm over. "Waffles, sausage, and orange juice. I cooked it earlier. But if the kitchen was closer, maybe it would've still been warm when I got here." The looks may have only been surpassed in strangeness by the names they had been given. Having grown with a steady diet of meat, the logs were at least somewhat familiar. "What was the cloud?" "Hm?" "The cloud that laid on the-uh...waffles?" Did I say that right?  Oh, it doesnt matter. She laughs softly. "That's whipped cream. Usually it goes on desserts, but I like eating it with breakfast sometimes."

I watch as she tidys up, clearing the floor of my mess. Its strange to think this was the same woman who had me imprisoned in the first place. Strange indeed...I only wish I could reach her head. It is difficult with my current position, only catching glimpses of her through this barrier. Maybe some day, I could learn more.