Ch 14: Who are you?

"Charm, we need to have a chat." The guy from the other night appeared from nowhere.

Again.

I jolt out of my skin, ready to flee. "You really dont know how to be less subtle, huh?" He didnt seem amused. I looked down at my tablet. Feeling more like a babysitter than the guard of a dangerous criminal. Hell, I think I'm okay with that. Less...dangerous, for lack of a better word. "You can set that down. Right now, Thor is handling him. I need to talk." His face never straying from the confident, stern look I remember from the first time I met him. Only now, he seemed scarier. Maybe because there was nobody else around.

I hesitantly set aside my tablet. I felt like a cheap bobblehead knick-knack the way my head moved. "Oh-okay. Well, uh, what about?" I felt a soft brush against my shin only to find a small orange cat. "You, " he started. "Lets talk about you."

"Uh-me? What-what about me, Mr. Uhm...Mr. Fury?" He didnt seem to hear me. Or did, and didnt care of my anxious state.

"Who are you?"

I paused with my answer. Who am I?

"Donnie charm, sir"

"Where did you grow up, Donnie?"

"In the same house I lived in before I came here, sir."

"Where were you born?"

"In that house."

"Where did you go to school?"

"Just-just outside the city."

"You see, I have a hard time believing any of that, because you have absolutely no files under your name until the age of 20, so I'll ask you again; Who are you, 'Donnie'?"

I was dumbfounded. Words grew claws, and my throat felt tight and sore. "What-what does that mean?" "It means you either never existed, or are lying about something and I want to find out which that is, so talk to me damnit!" I could hear the grinding of his teeth, frustrated fireworks lighting his face as I stared in horror. What the hell does he mean 'never existed'?

I felt ready to throw up. I was out of meds, so I couldnt take anything to calm me. I need to sit down. Where can I sit down? And on top of that, this damn cat keeps petting me with its- a cat? How'd it get here?

Everything seemed heavy all of a sudden. I fall to my knees.

And so did everything else.

"What the h-!? DONNIE!" I look up to see Fury on the floor. He lays on his stomach, almost scared. "What is this?!" I can't tell what he feels over the pounding of my heart. "I dont know!" That cat, at least what looked like a cat walked up to me and hissed. Putple tentacles writhe in my face, millions of sharp teeth making me jump straight to the- wait.

I didnt jump.

I stood up, staring at Fury. "...this is fucking weird." He was dumbstruck. I tried walking normally, only to stumble and fall...upwards. I was staring down at Fury and that goddamn...monster in cats skin.

I laughed. This has to be a joke. Or a dream. Yeah, a dream! Of course! I take my hand again and bite as hard as I can. More blood, just like the first time. Now I have two identical bruises, am walking on the ceiling, and am ready to cry.

Why me?

{Loki's pov}
I toyed with the empty glass of what used to be orange juice. "Hello, brother." Ignore him. He should just take his cape and be on his way. He already has the filthy mortal. Hel, just thinking of her pains me.

"I'm not your brother. It seems you have forgotten that." The glass shatters in my fingers. "Now, leave me to my solitude. Mocking me further will accomplish nothing." Gritted teeth hiss out my pain. He hurt me, I know he did. And somehow I never wanted to forgive the girl who helped him. Who loves him, just as everyone else has.