Ch 16: More questions

I erupted into a giggle fit.

"What? What is so amusing?"

"I'm sorry. Its ju-just..haha, you and your brother did what?"

"We... Thor decided it would be a good idea too...'get help'." A hidden smile tries to curl the corners of Lokis mouth, resulting in a kind smirk. Though snuffed just as quickly as it had appeared, it had remained in his eyes. Such beautiful blue green eyes.

"He believed it to be an amazing idea, while playing on Asgard some time ago, to pretend I was dying and then throw me at the palace guards. Quite humiliating, really. And to think that we were still but children." "So he just..threw you?" The laughter continued. "Hahah, thats just...wow." I smile uncontrollably. "Im really sorry, I dont mean to laugh. I can't even begin to imagine having a sibling. It's always just been me and mom. And she did her best, she really did. But at the same time I never really had any stories to tell. Especially one like that." I place my chin in my hand, gazing into the glass. "It must've been nice." He shrugged. "Not as nice as you'd imagine. He's still the same oaf as he was then. And regardless of all the stories, all the memories, he isn't my brother. Not really anyway." My smile lingers a bit more before it fades. "Well, its still good to have had someone anyways."

{Loki}
Why would I be telling her such things? They can use it against me. Though...I'm not sure I care. I should, I know I should. But even after everything, all she has put me through, why do I trust her so much? Much less about get help. My cheeks blush and I hope with every star in the nine realms that she doesn't notice. "Whose turn is it again? I can't seem to recall. We seem to have spiraled away from our game" "Hm...not sure. Let me-" The door opens to reveal Thor and the Man of Iron.

"Kid, what the hell are you doing?"

My captor seems frozen. A familiar facade of fear creeps upon her features. "I-I got bored. So I just- I thought I could..." she swallows her voice.

"Donnie, you are not to be harmed or scolded. We only come to temporarily relieve you of your duties." I once again feel the heat of rage. But another feeling lurks just beneath. I watch as she removes herself from the floor. She stumbles, looking heavier all of a sudden, Thor rushing to her aid.

Yet again.

"I'm fine. Tony knows whats going on..I think." Is she ill? How did I not notice? The Iron Man placed a hand on her shoulder, Thor backing away. "I need to ask you something, first, " he calmly spoke. "Do you have anything left of your mom?" She seemed puzzled, weighing down more with every moment. "Like what?" "I don't know, maybe a toothbrush, a lock of hair, favorite comb?" "I have a lock of hair from her. I keep it in the lid of her box. But..why do you need it?" He just shook his head. "No need to worry. You'll get it back. We just want to test something."

It wasn't much longer before they had retrieved their items and left us to our devices, Thor and I. I didnt want to be left to myself again. I also didn't want to be in his presence. My anger had subsided and I remained on the floor, waiting.

"..So, little brother. I must-"

"No."

I laid back, the cool floor blissful against me. He huffed. "Another tantrum? Oh dear, whatever shall I-"

"Loki, you will be returning to Asgard."

"What?" Now he had gained my full attention. "Why?" "You are destructive. You have caused nothing but complete and utter chaos. I cannot have you harming anyone else." He plans to lock me into an even smaller cage. "When," my teeth grind. "I do not know. It will be determined once Fury and Stark speak of the issue. Until then, you shall remain here."

I must truly be clueless. For after this I couldnt place emotion in my heart. The hurt lingered, and at the same moment everything seemed so very distant. A tingle chilled my spine. I cant think before I release the word.

"Go."

"Loki-"

"I do not wish to look upon your face. I do not care where you go, but I need you to leave." I remain on the floor. Any trace of emotion in my voice is impossible to analyze.

All besides flimsy speech.

He closes his mouth and watches me from a corner of the outer chamber. I cant let them see me, see how easily I tore apart at the mere mention of removal. At the thought of leaving earth. Being isolated yet again.

{Tony}
We make our way back to Bruce's lab. The plan was simple. Take mom's hair, and compare it to Donnies DNA. Sounds easy enough. Now we just need the two to be tested. "You alright? You're looking a little worse for wear. Trix got ya down?" She was quiet ever since we left the cell. After laughing so loud before, I wanted to know what the hell was going on. "Another panic attack?"

Her large, (e/c) eyes shined up at me. "Panic attack?" "Yeah, you know. Cant breathe right, everything gets spinny, just wanna curl up and get it over with." I didnt even have to look at her to know she was already staring at her feet, awkward and shameful. "Oh...that." I hear a sigh. "No, its not a panic attack. Its just...a lot has happened here, happened to me, and it hasn't even been a month yet. And now, not only am I watching after a fucking God, that I somehow defeated, but I might have magical, superhuman powers that I've never used before." I pat a hand on her shoulder. "C'mon kid, I know its tough. But we'll figure it out, huh? It won't stay like this forever. And besides, we could always use extrak hands on the team." She smiled sheepishly. "Thanks Tony."

~~~~~~

After a lot (and I mean a LOT) of convincing, she finally gave us two hairs. One from her, one from Mom. "It'll take a while to run the tests, but we should have an answer by the end of tomorrow." Fury nods, still looking like he just sucked on a lemon. "Thanks, Bruce."

"...So, what should I do now?"

Do I tell her? Or did someone else do it?

{You}
"Well, kiddo, you can get lunch or go train or read something, whatever you want. Rudolph is taken care of for right now." He pats my shoulder and I flinch. I know I shouldn't. I smile and hope he doesn't notice. "Maybe get some rest."

I nod, my legs making quick work to get me out of there. I'm not going back home. Am I? Even if I did, there's nothing waiting for me.

Left left right

I mean, mom is here too. And Thor, Stark, Natasha.

Ding

I have everything I could ever want here. But why do I want to leave?

Whoosh

The familiar room. Loki's cell. My door,, and the mirror window. I tap on the glass again.. Funny how I can do anything right now...

And I'm seeing him.