Chapter 13

Download complete. Said the notification on my phone. I looked at the screen and saw the little red app with a flame in the center ready to be opened. I couldn't believe that Jane had actually advised me to do this. I had never even thought about it, but I couldn't help but wonder what "Tindering" would be like.

My finger slid along the screen and I clicked on the app. I enrolled with my Facebook account and decided to only see profiles from people nearby. The first people appeared and for a second I wondered if I should be putting some photos of myself. I tried to find nice ones but they weren't that recent. I selected two after taking ages choosing them and then started to read the first profile.

Antony 25. Business school. 'Come and try my big sausage.' Said the description. I nearly dropped my phone when I realised what that sentence actually meant. I thought he was talking of food, not sex. My screen asked me to swipe left to bin him or right to get a chance to talk to him. Without a second of hesitation I swiped left to get rid of him. He could get someone else to taste his dick I thought in disgust.

Charlie 28. Journalism. 'Ready to send me your tits ;)?' Said the description. It didn't take me a second to swipe him left. I then went into the parameters of the app to try and see if I could find an option to get rid of people who wanted sex. But after looking all over the app I couldn't find such thing.

I decided to carry on, hoping not all boys in Brighton were after sex and mayo.

Luke 27. Work in Starbucks. 'I play the drums and love tattoos.' Said the description. For the first time, I looked at the photos of him. I realised I hadn't even bothered with the two first ones. He had a nice smile, he was blood, looked very tall. He had tattoos all over his body and a few of his photos were of his body. He had them all over him, from his arms to his legs and even his neck. Even though he was good looking, I wasn't keen on tattoos. So I swiped him left.

Oliver 19. 'Just hanging.' Said the description. The boy on the photos looked a lot younger than 19, and I wondered if he was trying to hook up with older girls even though he was probably underage. I swiped him left and threw my phone on my bed annoyed that none of the boys seemed suitable for me.

After ten minutes or so, I grabbed my phone determined to find some respectable and suitable man.

James. 22. 'What's a smart, attractive and muscular boy like myself doing without your phone number?' Said the description. I actually found him rather bold to ask for someone's number like that, and he seemed quite vain. At least it isn't creepy I thought. I swiped left, not sure I could cope with someone so vain. But then again this is Tinder.

Arthur. 27. 'Our kids will look great if you swipe me right!' Said the next description. Under the cute let's have kid's he was in my mind basically asking for sex. I looked at his photos quickly and decided to swipe right. Because he looked nice and smiled on each photo he had.

I was feeling happy that at least one boy might swipe me right and allow me to have a first match. I decided to carry on, hoping that maybe someone would have a nice description and nice pictures.

Josh. 25. 'I love cats so give me your pussy ;).' Said the description. And needless to say that before I had even finished reading the last word, my finger was already swiping him left. Goodbye Josh I thought.

Ben. 30. 'Feeling old, be the wife to my life?' Said the description. The pick-up line wasn't that bad, and he looked quite good looking on his photos. He had a nice beard and lovely blue eyes. I looked at his different photos for a moment, noticing that he obviously surfed and that he had what seemed to be...a child. I wondered if I would mind someone with a child, but then I still felt one myself. I hesitated for a while, not sure whether to give him a chance or not. I swipe right and hoped it was just his niece or little sister.