Chapter 9 - True strength lies in finding out what you are made of

Getting a black belt was easy compared to overcoming all of the internal barriers that I created to block my destiny. Breaking down self-created internal doors was probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. We lose the battle first in our mind and how we choose to define our lives.

In order to be all that you were created for, you need to first make the decision. While that sounds really easy, it will probably be the hardest decision to make and to keep. It will require you to break through every self-limiting excuse you have ever used, and to be honest, isn't that what every excuse really is?

Whenever we use an excuse, it is really a lie we tell ourselves to accept our own chosen limitations. While you may not have thought about it that way before, I ask you to consider it. Have you ever listened to someone's excuses and the entire time thinking how they are just lying to themselves? Well, it is no different than what we do to ourselves. To be great, you have to rid yourself of every excuse.

In place of excuses, successful people use perseverance and determination. Remember either is a choice, but to be successful you know which to choose. Excuses are much easier and as we said before puts you in good company, but there will never, ever be peace in excuses.

I would rather push all of my life forward to what I know God is calling me to and end up somewhere entirely different than I imagined, then to live surrounded by regret and excuses and a bunch of people who gave up too. There is a reason that people say the places with the most potential are the graveyards.

What drives successful people forward is knowing in their heart that they are here for a reason. Those dreams in your heart are not yours, they were given to you by God. They are a gift and if you pursue them you will find greatness in yourself that you could never find fully any other way.

Have you ever been around someone who you know is truly on purpose in life? You can feel it in their energy and in everything they say and do. It is like their passion for life speaks for them. It is said these people are really channeling God. Their true-life force is radiating brightly and there is a peace that is perceivable to all who are around them. Wow – do I love the gift of being in the presence of these people.

Hopefully you know people like this, and hopefully, you know now that is what each and every one of us was created for. In your own unique and perfect way, you too are meant to channel God with your gifts, with your talents and with true and surrendering passion for life. None of us are meant to be less than that.