See you again

Annie's POV

"Dad I promise, I won't disappoint you or let you down!" Said Annie, "I know Annie, I believe and have faith in you because you are my daughter and my blood that I have trained to defend herself and to fight when need to!" It was that memory again, for some reason that memory always came into my mind along with another memory but, this one was with Mikasa.

One day before they all found out that I was the female titan, me and Mikasa had a conversation which is weird when you think about it. Me and Mikasa were never really close back then for personal reasons. To be honest I always got the feeling that she never liked me, like there was something wrong with me. I never really hated Mikasa I just thought that she was a little hot headed and very protected when it came to her friends. Especially to Eren because if anyone looked at him wrong, insulted/threatened/try to hit him, with the one look she gave everyone would back off immediately.

Anyone one day I remember I was in the kitchen washing the dishes for everyone because it was my turn when suddenly the back door opened and when I looked to see who it was I was shocked in the inside. I saw Mikasa coming in and on the outside I played my normal face which was like a "rude, don't mess with me" type of face. She started to walk closer while I was drying my hands to get the water of when I noticed something. My ring was missing I tried to play it off like it was nothing but, clearly it didn't work or she already knew what I was missing and found out why it was so important to me. When she got close enough I told her "What are you doing here?!" "Shouldn't you be out with the others having fun??" She answered saying " I only came to give you this, I noticed that you always wear this ring no matter what." I was worried that she already knew my secret but then she said this, that just confused me more.

"So I just thought that it must be pretty important to you if you wear it all the time." I told her "Thank you, I have been worried because it was my dad's ring and this is the only thing I have left of him." I asked her before she exited out the door "Do you you mind telling me where you found it?" Her response was unsettling, she said "It doesn't matter, what matters is that you got it back right?" This worried me, one because I thought she found out my secret and two it sounded like she knew my background of who my family was and where I came from. She also told me "Annie, you should be more careful when you leave your stuff around cause anyone can just steal it, read it, or snoop through it to find more information about you that you are either hiding or don't want anyone to know." I told her "Yeah, I will thank you again for finding and bringing back my ring." Then she left the room and I was left there feeling terrified and scared that she knew who I was and what secret I was hiding.