Chapter Nineteen

Naruto sighed as he stood there. It was so frustrating that Sasuke was just not listening to him.

"Sasuke, just listen, okay? Did any of our time together mean at least anything?" pleaded Naruto.

Sasuke ignored him and charged. Naruto sighed as he was forced to defend himself by punched Sasuke forcefully to the ground.

"Urg urgh..." groaned Sasuke as blood spewed out of his mouth.

Scratches and minor wounds littered his limbs; his arms and legs were streaked of blood. Naruto's punch was that powerful. Suddenly, Sasuke's form had started morphing.

Naruto's eyes widened in shock. No way! Sasuke had eaten one of Orochimaru's curse pills...The curse pills were a replacement for the curse seal. The pill had the same abilities as the curse mark but the side effects of the pill were much more dangerous.

Naruto gritted his teeth. He had to save Sasuke now before the pills toxin had fully started circulating in Sasuke's bloodstream.

If that happened, Sasuke would...die...

Sasuke groaned louder as he started transforming even more. Orochimaru's curse pill had completely taken over him. His skin turned brown and rough and his hair grew a lot longer. Bat-shaped wings protruded from Sasuke's back. His Sharingan was also activated.

Sasuke grinned as he took out his forehead protector from his pocket and tied it around his forehead.

"Why...Why do you choose to wear it now?" asked Naruto.

"Because...I acknowledge you!" stated Sasuke.

Naruto's eyes widened.

"But...because I acknowledge you...as my closest friend...I need to kill YOU!" growled Sasuke as he charged at Naruto.

Naruto went into a defensive stance. As soon as Sasuke was near him, he grabbed Sasuke's hands and punched him to the ground. Sasuke quickly got back up and tried to roundhouse kick Naruto but he jumped up just in time.

Sasuke threw a kick but it was blocked by Naruto's hands. Then Naruto grabbed Sasuke's leg, wrenched it and threw him to the ground.

Sasuke growled as he jumped up and tried punching Naruto but Naruto dodged and pressed a senbon against one of the pressure points near Sasuke's palm.

"Arrrrrrgh!" screamed Sasuke in bitter fury.

Naruto jumped back then activated his Sharingan.

"You do not know my true powers Sasuke. Because you are my precious comrade, I have not been fighting with you seriously but now knowing that your intent to kill me is true, I will face you sincerely."

Naruto's eyes shifted again and Sasuke's eyes widened in surprise. "Mangekyo Sharingan," he seethed.

Naruto looked at him wistfully. "Itachi was my friend, Sasuke. Believe me when I say that he loved you dearly. You want to kill me for power. For the Mangekyo Sharingan. For revenge. Sasuke, don't you see that you are blinded by power and that Orochimaru's just using your brokenness to control you?

Mangekyo Sharingan, the Uchiha's clan ultimate form of the Sharingan is only obtained through trauma or stress. You want to kill me so you can obtain the Mangekyo Sharingan so you can have eyes powerful enough to defeat Itachi, you need to be stronger than him but what's the point? Are you going to feel satisfied after Itachi's dead? Happy that your clan's avenged?"

"Shut up! What do you know about me! You grew up without any siblings or parents!" screamed Sasuke.

"Sasuke, I know your pain, I know how you feel," said Naruto coolly.