Chapter Twenty-Six

"Bye guys! We will miss you! Good luck Hinata as well!" chorused the Rookie 12 as Naruto, Akira, Akito and Hinata were preparing to set off to Uzushio.

It had been a little more than a month staying at Konoha. They had been catching up with each and having multiple dates with Naruto. Hinata had been dating Akito for about three weeks nonetheless, she decided to move to Uzushio to be with Akito.

Hiashi consented, trying his best not to cry along with Hanabi. Neji approved as well, proud that Hinata was strong and independent.

"Have a safe trip home!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Welcome back, Naru-chan!" screeched Deidara as Sasori smacked him on the head for being too loud.

"Shut up, brat," growled Sasori. "Why are you always so loud and rambunctious?"

Pein rubbed his temples while Konan discreetly chuckled at him.

"Hey, Pein, how was being the substitute Uzukage while I was gone?" asked Naruto, smirking slightly.

Pein groaned. "How the hell do you do this Naruto? All the damn paperwork and controlling the brats. How?!"

Naruto laughed. "It's a talent. Anyway, as you can see, we have brought back Hinata. She has started dating Akito and she is going to live with him now in Uzushio."

"What?! Akito is dating? Are you sure he's not playing with her?" asked Pein incredulously while Konan said, "Pein, don't worry, Akito can be surprising."

Before Naruto or Akito himself could answer, Hinata intervened: "Akito is a nice person. He may be frivolous but I'm sure he genuinely loves me."

Pein choked. And then he started laughing. "Akito you scored big time! Look after her or else."

Akito grinned. "Of course. Well, I'll be going now to show Hinata the place she is going to have so much fun living in."

Hinata blushed at the hidden innuendo that probably she only took note of. It was typical Akito. Typical, perverted Akito. She discreetly blushed as she fantasised about the things he was going to do with her.

"Smooth, Akito-gaki, smooth," chortled Hidan. "I, Hidan, faithful follower of Lord Jashin and a babe magnet myself can teach you the art of seduction if you want. No cost at all."

Before Akito could reply, Kakuzu interjected. "No money?! No money at all?! Are you crazy? Money is life!"

"Huh, a sucker like you can f*ck money all day. You're probably shoving it up your ass right now," retorted Hidan, smirking.

"You go suck Jashin sh*t. Everything is worthless apart from money!"

"What?! Everything but money is important?! What about art un?! Art's a bang!" screeched Deidara as Sasori sighed in exasperation.

"How many times do I have to tell you this, you idiot. Art is eternal and of the essence of time. Your clay, your so-called piece of art is just mere garbage," stated Sasori coolly.

"But, Danna-"

"Would you all just please shut up?!" growled Pein angrily.

As soon as he said that, they all erupted in arguing again, this time Zetsu even joined in about how life was all about eating humans and gardening and that anything else was pointless and a complete waste of time.

Pein collapsed onto the seat, cursing why he had to be the vice Uzukage and wondering how in the world Naruto could control them.

All this was very amusing to Naruto. But that was something he had appreciated more: all the support and love he had received from them, albeit their annoyance.