Thought

Matthew wasn't happy that he had to go to school that morning, he hadn't done his homework and he sure as hell didn't want to get out of the warm cocoon he had made for himself as he slept. He stared at his clock, wondering if he could have a 10 minute nap and still get to school on time. Of course he couldn't. He sighed as he ripped his cover away from him and got up, finally getting ready to leave. He brushed his teeth and hair before getting dressed. He checked the clock in the kitchen as he opened the fridge, he didn't have time for breakfast. Oh well. He closed the fridge door and left the house, wincing at the coldness that met him. He should've stayed in bed.

He walked to school alone that morning, all of his friends wanted to meet early to finish various parts of their coursework as their deadlines were approaching. He let himself think of the date he was supposedly going on with Kaiden, is it weird to call him by his name? Probably. He didn't know when the date would be and that made him nervous but at least he knew how long it was. Kaiden has agreed that he would leave before his parents got back but thinking about it he would probably do something to make his parents late home or knowing his luck his parents will suddenly decide to spend the night somewhere else, or go for a year long journey around the world.  He didn't know whether he was supposed to put any effort into this date; it was at his house so was he the one who was supposed to pick a movie or something to eat? He didn't know what Kaiden liked. He then criticized himself- he shouldn't care about this date, he shouldn't even be calling it a date.

School that day wasn't that bad, due to the upcoming exams not many people had done the homework, if they had it was rushed which meant Matthew didn't get in trouble for not doing anything. Also, his friends were so stressed, in some selfish way it made him less worried about everything. Everything inside school and out. Maths flew by surprisingly, his teacher was in the same miserable mood as always but this time it matched the mood of the class which meant the whole productivity of the day fell, Matthew didn't get picked to answer any questions he didn't know the answer to. It was a good day. Well, as good as school could get.

He couldn't stop himself from thinking about the date. He hated the part of himself that wanted to impress Kaiden, he wanted to look good and choose the right movie and the right food, even the right time. He hadn't been on many dates and the ones he had been on were awkward pre-teen dates where he said the wrong thing or didn't say anything at all. Either way, he always felt embarrassed by the end of them. He wanted this one to be different; if Kaiden was going to carry on turning up in random places then Matthew was going to make sure it wasn't going to be a source of embarrassment for him. Maybe there was something else, some other reason he wanted to impress Kaiden but he didn't want to think about that.

I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO GET OUT AND IS SUCH A USELESS CHAPTER! The next chapter will be it's normal length and will most likely be their 'date'.
Also I read a comment saying it was fairly difficult to read the story, I hope the paragraphing makes it easier!