Awkward Situations Should Be Avoided

There wasn't much to say after the awkward disaster that was nearly Matthew's first kiss, well sort of first kiss. He'd kissed a guy when he was 15 because he wanted to get the first kiss over and done with but he doubted Kaiden would want to hear about that. He also doubted he'd want to tell the story, first kisses were always bad, his was anyway.

Matthew slowly made his way back to the sofa and let his body fall ungracefully into his previous seat, Kaiden had moved back to the other side of the sofa which Matthew was more than pleased about. The silence still hadn't been broken, it wasn't a comfortable one, for the first time since meeting him Kaiden didn't seem to have anything to say. Logically it should make Matthew happy that he didn't have to talk to him but it just made the almost kiss impossible not to think about. Kaiden was a really good looking guy and his hands were so big and warm and the tattoos were another story entirely.

Without realizing, Matthew began looking at the other man, his hands and arms that were crossed across his chest, his chest and his shoulders that Matthew guiltily imagined running his hands across. His eyes glanced up at Kaidens face which meant he was forced to make eye contact with the man.

The man who had been staring at him the entire time.

The man who clearly knew Matthew was just checking him out.

The second their eyes met, Kaiden smirked, uncrossing his arms and putting his elbows on his thighs as he leaned forward.

"You're so jumpy puppy."

Puppy? Seriously, puppy?

Matthew scoffed in response as he attempted to come up with a good enough comeback.

"At least I'm not stalking random guys who are at least a couple of years younger than me!"

Mission failed.

His response, instead of having the desired outcome Matthew was looking for, just made the older boy laugh. And laugh. And laugh. His shoulders shook as he broke eye contact with the blonde, his head falling forward as his full body laughs turned into small giggles. It was actually pretty cute.

No.
No.
The staking meanie who apparently thought Matthew was a comedian was not cute. Or pretty. Or any descriptive word of the sort. He was a stalker and mean and... and really attractive. Whilst stuck in his own head, Matthew failed to realize that Kaiden had stopped laughing although his eyes still shone with amusement. He smiled at Matthew and once again reclined backwards, one arm resting on his thigh and the other resting on the back of the couch.

"So how was this as a first date?"

"A first date?" Oh right, shit, this was technically a date. "It was... good. I had fun. Um... yeah."

Kaiden let out a a breath in amusement.
"It was good.. yeah." He mocked, bringing his voice up a few pitches as he mimicked the other boy.
"Just so you know, you picked this date, so I get to pick when and where our next one will be."

There was a brief silence as Matthew tried to digest the new information.

"Our next one? As in more than one date?"

"Of course. What did you think I'd just come here and then leave you alone forever?"

"Well no but-"

"Did you think that after this I wouldn't want you to be mine?"

"I guess I didn't really think about-"

"Did you think that, after today, you would call your little friend with the sister up and you would laugh at his jokes, tell his he's being silly, walk to school everyday with him and then eventually get together with him and live happily ever after?"

What the fuck? Well that took a quick turn.

"What are you on about?"

"Answer the fucking question."

"No! I mean yes I'll answer the question but no that's not what I was thinking would happen. I didn't think about what would happen after today. I was trying to stop myself from thinking what would happen during this date, never mind any others that might take place."

"You were thinking about our date? That's cute."

Again, what the fuck?

"I mean I guess I was, like it was sort of difficult not to because, well, it just was. Anyway, we've eaten the food and we've had a... great chat. Isn't the date over? Shouldn't you be, you know, leaving soon?"

Matthew waited, breathing suddenly becoming difficult for him as he watched numerous emotions flash in Kaiden's eyes. The boy clearly not knowing how to react to being asked to leave.

"You're right. I should go. But I can't go until the date is really over."

"And when will that be?"

"When I kiss you goodnight."

"Oh."

Matthew sat up straight as the other man moved towards him. He placed his hand next to Matthew's thigh and inclined his body towards his. He moved his legs so they were facing towards the blonde boy and put his other hand on his chin, gently directing Matthew towards him. Matthew didn't know what to do. He stayed still as the slightly older boy tilted his head back and leaned in, their lips brushing lightly. Kaiden went to move away but something inside Matthew hated that. The blonde placed his hands on either side of Kaiden's face and kissed him, he pulled himself up onto his knees as he leant into the kiss, Kaiden's lips moving against his own. This was nothing like the kiss he had when he was 15.

Eventually the kiss came to and end and Matthew moved backwards, getting off the sofa as his knees began to ache. He looked at the other boy who didn't seem pleased the kiss had ended. His hair was slightly tousled and his shirt wrinkled as he stared at Matthew's lips.  He slowly got up and lightly touched Matthew's arm as he stood in front of him.

"The dates over." He rapped Matthew on the chin with his finger.
"I'll see you later handsome."