Chapter 7

The next day I woke up more prepared than usual. I got up and ready and was
out the door in no time. I stopped for the elevator and was surprised to see Aidan. "Oh hey," I said as I stepped in.
"Hey," he smiled. There was a short moment of awkward silence until I asked, "Where were you last night? We were all hanging out in Dantes room."
"Funny that," He responded,"I didn't get the message." I felt so embarrassed but at the same time confused, was Dante really that petty? We eventually reached the lobby, Aidan and I quietly walked out the elevator. "Well see you," I waved.
"Where are you going?" he stopped and asked.
"I'm heading to the coffee shop down the road to get Dante his breakfast and coffee."
"I'll join you," he smiled. I just went along with it.

We headed out the door and had a fairly quiet walk to the coffee shop. Aidan walked up to the barista and ordered a regular black coffee before asking me what I wanted. "It's fine Aidan, I'll order separately," I smiled.
"Oh come on, I insist!" he stated.
"I have to order for Dante anyway."
"Then he can pay me back." he joked, or at least I think he did. I eventually gave in and let Aidan pay for my drinks, I ordered a lemon ice tea and a hot chocolate for Dante. We sat down and made subtle conversation as we waited for our drinks. "So how'd you land the job as Dantes assistant?" he asked.
"It's stupid really, my aunt has a lot of connections and offered me the job and well, I got it," I smiled awkwardly.
"Cool, you know Dantes only been here for a short time and has went through 3 assistants already."
"Really?" I said nervously. Was Dante going to fire me somehow too? I was just getting settled here. "How come?"
"He's just incredibly picky I guess, you're the only one that's made it past day one." What a relief! Honestly I have no idea how I've lasted so long, Ive only been here for a day and i've been a total klutz. "I think Dante really likes you," he smiled.
"I don't think so, he's usual pretty cold with me."
"Yeah he can be like that, but he'll warm up soon." I felt a little better about everything after talking with Aidan, he seemed like a pretty nice guy, not sure if him and Dante get along too well though. We were called for our drinks and we walked back to set.

We got back and were about to say our goodbyes when we saw Dante rushing around. "Uh, everything good Dante?" I asked.
"There you are," he shouted,"I've been-" he paused as he glanced over to Aidan who was standing right beside me. "What's he doing here?" he asked with an annoyed tone.
"Oh, we just went to the coffee shop down the road," I smiled handing him his hot chocolate.
Aidan gave Dante a smug look as he put his hand on my shoulder. Dante grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, "Well, we best be off," he snarled as he dragged me to his trailer. I managed to give Aidan a quick wave good bye before disappearing off. We got into Dantes trailer and he eventually let me go. "What was all that about?" I hissed.
"Aidan's bad news, you shouldn't be hanging out with him."
"You can tell me what to do! Aidan seems like a great guy, he even payed for our drinks," I complained. Dante sat down on the couch and sulked while drinking his hot chocolate. I was eager to ask about why he didn't invite Aidan but it didn't seem like the right time, I didn't want to make the situation any worse. "So where are my pancakes?" he asked. I gave him a confused look and suddenly it hit me. "Shit," I whispered. Dante let out a big sigh, "It's fine, I'll just eat one of the thousands of granola bars  you bought me," he complained has he grabbed one or the bars from the massive bowl that sat in the middle of the table. "I'm sorry, I'm just a mess, you should just fire me like the rest of your assistants," I cried sitting down the couch next to him. He froze. He put his bar on the table and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you're not a mess," he said in an attempt to comfort me, "who said i'm firing you? this is your first job, you'll get the hang of it." Dante for once was actually being caring and kind. I turned to look at him, "Thanks Dante," I smiled.
"But don't screw up again tomorrow because then I really will have to fire you," he teased. Well that didn't last long. We finished our drinks and Dante headed out the trailer for makeup and costume. I decided rather then boring myself in the trailer I should just have stroll around set. I opened up the door and hopped down the steps. I looked up and got jump scared by Eden..

to be continued..