Chapter 2 What?

Danny

The next morning

I lay awake in my room just looking at the ceiling. Yesterday I watched a girl go into an alley way. Run away from three thugs then turn around and bet them up. All for money. Jo. How did she disappear? I was watching the front of the alley the whole time. What if she's a ghost? No that's stupid she would of disappeared before, plus why would she need the money. My ghost sense didn't even go off. Ugh why can't I get her out of my mind? That's it. I got up looking around my black room my eyes landing on the alarm clock. 11:00am. Darn I normally get up earlier. Smirking I turned invisible and phased through the roof of the common room to see everyone there but Beastboy. I ruled my eyes, he's probably still sleeping.
Raven was reading in the corner. I could just make out the tiny smirk on her face when I showed up. 'Hey Raven.' 'You know if you keep this up Cyborg's going to loose it.' I heard her voice in my head. Soon after I showed up in Jump City we found out we could communicate through our thoughts but not read each other's minds. 'Then lets enjoy it while we can.' After that I cut the connection.
Robin was on the couch watching the news and Cyborg was cooking in the kitchen. Just then Beastboy ran into the room almost running into me if not for me phasing through him. I could see him shiver but he just shook it off. He should know by now, I thought while smirking. "Dude where's my tofu?" asked Beastboy rummaging through the fridge. "I through that insulting peace of fake meat away." "You what.." I cut there soon to be argument off by showing up in-between the both of them. "How about we go and get pizza?" "Ahhhhhhh," both screamed. "Dude when are you going to stop doing that, it's just plain creepy," shouted Beastboy still shaking. All I did was smirk and say "Well," referring to my first question. "Yeah I could go for some pizza," said Cyborg nonchalant, obviously getting over my surprise appearance. And away we went.

At the pizzeria

"Tofu! Meat! Tofu! Meat!" Sighing I tuned them out, like I normally did, and looked around the room. Just then the door opened and in walked the girl that had been taking up most of my thoughts. She kept her hair down over her face and walked swiftly to a booth in the back.

Jo's prov

The next morning I decided to eat at the pizzeria, fingering it would be the best place to blend in. Walking to the back booth I kept my head down and my hair in my face. I hate people. There wasn't many people here but I still wanted to keep my interactions to a minimal. "Hi I'll be your waiter are you ready to order?" Said a perky high pitched voice. She was the typical overly peppy type and I already hated her. "I'll have a glass of water and a slice of plain cheese pizza." I answered curtly. She wrote it down and walked away mumbling freak under her breath. I took no notice, so used to the comments it almost started to feel true.
While waiting I started tapping my hand on the table trying to keep myself busy. Looking around I found myself staring into the icy blue orbs of a boy about my age. He looked to be studying me with interest and it instantly put me on edge, and it didn't help that he was oddly familiar. He was in a group of strangely dressed teens. My figure was brought to attention by two of the other five at the table to. The purple cloaked girl and I guy that looks like a Christmas tree, I tried putting the extremely familiar brightly dressed teen out of my mind. It didn't work to well. I quickly looked away when my waiter showed up with my pizza. I really wanted to scarf it down, for multiple reasons, but I knew if I did I wouldn't be able to keep it down. After all I haven't eaten anything in the past three days. I finished quickly to my disappointment. I was going to sit hear for a minuet or two but I felt someone try to enter my mind. I could feel there presence and I didn't like it. I instantly put up my mental walls successfully keeping the intruder at bay. 'Stay out of my head!' I screamed at the intruder shoving them out all the way, almost putting myself into a panic induced shock. Looking up I saw purple looking at me with shock. Quickly I got up and left the shop intending to take myself far away, to many panful memories pushing from the darkest parts of my mind trying to tear me apart from the inside.
Sadly I was cut short when the building I was walking by blew up. I was discombobulated for a minuet but when I came to I realized two things. One I was stuck under a block of cement and the group from before was attacking the Hive Five, luckily completely forgetting me. Oh crap. I tried to move the slab of rock but it was just to heavy, though luckily I don't think I was hurt. Looking back I noticed the Hive Five was loosing and they noticed this to. To bad for me Jinx noticed my presence at that moment and she took instant advantage of it. Mammoth snuck over when they were distracted with Jinx and Gizmo. Mammoth lifted the slab and dragged me over to the still fighting group and held me at suffocating point. In other words he had his big fat hand around my neck. "Everybody freeze!" Screamed Jinx. "Why should we!" Shouted Wonder Boy taking on the leading role and everyone else fell in line behind him. Then there eyes fell on me. "Jo?" Questioned Danny? When did he get here. Shut up mind, I'll think about that later. "Oh so you do know her," crossing her arms she stated rather snottily, "what she do?" "Do, do what?" Asked the green skinned one. "Oh come on you must know." She never got to finish because I cut in. "Oh Jinx that's sweat you remember me but this is about you and your mindless following problem." I didn't really want to bring attention to myself but what can I say old ways die hard. "Mammoth," She commanded calmly. Painfully slow he started to restrict my air supply causing me to start to choke.
Thinking quickly, like I've been trained most of my life, I jammed my elbow in his gut taking him by surprise more then anything. Quickly I dived out of the way. What happened next is unclear but the next thing I know is I'm rapped in someone's arm and in the air flying to an un identified location. Looking up I met the glowing green eyes of Danny. "You ok?" He asked. "Fine. Now put me down." I exclaimed trying to wiggle out of his hold painfully aware of the foreign contact of someone else not causing pain. The unfamiliarity made me uncomfortable and the struggling only made him tighten his hold. "Not going to happen," he stated cheerily. Huffing I gave up and crossed my arms, trying my best to ignore the contact. Well that was what I was doing until he shot off faster. Squealing, I latched my arms around his neck and stuffing my face in his shoulder, slightly uncomfortable. Chuckling he called, "Scared of heights," over the wind. "No I'm scared of falling to a painful slow death, there's a difference."
Finally he set me down in a room above the bay. It was a mixture of living room, kitchen, and a dining room. Glaring at him I started to the door when he spoke up from the fridge. "Where do you think your going." "Away." Was all I said until he pulled me back in the room. "No your not. Your going to wait right hear until the team gets back." "Team?" Looking at me weird he answered, "ah yea the Teen Titans, amazingly awesome superheroes how defeat bad guys." I must of looked really confused because he looked really surprised. "You haven't heard of us." "No," I stated bluntly "Really?" "Really. Why?" Scratching the back of his head he said, "nothing it's just it's really weird meeting someone who has no idea who we are. Even more so if you live in Jump." "Well, I don't really live in Jump I'm just passing through," I sighed instantly wishing I hadn't said anything. Danny looked ready to ask something else when the door burst open and the hole group came in looking determined. "Where's the girl?" Asked walking traffic light.

*************************************