Chapter 4 Breakdown

Jo's prov

They left me heir awhile ago but I really didn't notice. I was to busy thinking through what just happened. I wish I could just pay for my crimes because I deserve it.... But I can't because then he'd find me and force me to do...that again. My train of thought was cut off by a red light flashing and a LOUD noise ringing through the room. I through my hand over my ears. The noise is vibrating through my head. It was probably loud with normal hearing but with my extremely advanced hearing the noise was deafening. The noise wasn't my main problem though. I could feel myself slipping. Slipping back to memory's of an alarm similar to the going off now. Knowing what was happening didn't help anymore, it only caused me to freak out more. I wasn't going to win this internal battle.

I was tugging at my chains when my vision changed. I wasn't changed to a table anymore. No I was changed in my worst nightmare. I was now in a dark small room with little to no light but I didn't need it to knew where I was. I pulled harder and the chains snapped. The alarm went off instantly causing me to fall to my knees. I didn't care that I just scrapped my knees or that they were throbbing. All I could pay attention to was the sound of heavy footsteps. The closer they got I could just make out the sound of 'all Around the Rosemary Bush'. Da...da Dan...da da da da Dan....da..da..da..da...Dan. The music was slow and low and seemed to go on forever. All of a sudden the door burst open. The one thing going through my mind. Scream. Looking up from the floor I saw my worst fear. The man who could brake me. The Joker in all his hideous glory stood in the door staring at me with a crazed look in his eyes. A smile stretched across his painted face. "You shouldn't have done that. MWHAHAHAHAHAHA." The laughter seemed endless. I realized I was shaking and the only thing I could do was scream. I screamed my heart out and slammed my back against the wall. I felt hot tears falling down my face. I tried to disappear into the wall with all my might. He started singing that song again and started walking up to me. Each step seemed to echo around my head with a sting like knifes. When we reached me he bent down at me looked pleased when I flinched. Making quick decision I shoved him out of the way and tried to escape but I didn't get far before he grabbed my arm and dragged me down. I screamed when he grabbed me and when I looked up I screamed until my throat was soar trying to fight him. When he reached for me I curled into a ball wanting it to be over. I water for the pain. I waited for the knife that was sure to carve me again but it never came. Slowly I looked up...only I didn't face the Joker, I saw Beast Boy over me instead. He looked worried but also confused and unsure of what to do. I noticed I was back in that white room I hated earlier and really couldn't bring myself to care anymore. Looking back at Beast Boy I did something nether of us expected. I hugged him. I know I probably shouldn't have done that but I couldn't bring in my over worked emotions to care at the moment. I just needed to know it was real and I wasn't trapped anymore.

All I could bring myself to do was to cry into his shoulder and bless this kids heart he just picked me up and carried me out of the room letting me cry out my hearts content. With my emotions fried and the extremely long and tiring day I feel asleep being carried to who knows where.

Beast Boys prov

What. Just. Happened. When I went to go check on Jo I showed up to see her in hysterics. That kind of tarrier. There's no way she could have faked that. The way she looked at me and screamed. She looked like she was facing the worst thing in the world not thirteen year old me.

Looking over at the couch I watched her curl in on herself on the couch in the common room. Looking closer I watched her pointed cat ear twitch. I realized she had cat features during her...breakdown but I couldn't focus on that at the time. Looking more I realized she I little almost nonexistent fangs and long nails. Her hair even remainder me of a cat with its fur like quality. I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.

It wasn't long before the rest of the team came back chatting about the fight. "Shhhhh. " I shushed them making them turn to me. Making a motion I told them to be quite and fallow me. I showed them Jo sleeping on the couch just at the moment when she moaned curling in on herself further. Frowning I brought them out of the room so I could talk to them without waking up Jo. When we were far enough that she wouldn't hear us, even with super hearing I stopped. "What is she doing sleeping on the couch," Robin said trying not to scream. "Um well," I scratched the back of my head when it came to me. "It's probably best if you watch the security camera's. It's the easiest way to explain." Danny nodded and pulled it up on this PDA thing he's always carrying around. They watched in silence there emotions going from confusion to worry quickly. After the video there was dead silence. "Um there something else." I told Danny to rewind to a part in the tap and showed them when her ears were showing. "I thought I felt something off about her but it was really just my senses picking up on another animal. It's complicated but my animal instincts are telling me she's not evil and even if she is we need to keep an eye on her." The team quickly came to an agreement about letting her stay under house arrest at the tower. Well except Robin he seemed uneasy and out of it. I should probably keep an eye on him. We spent the rest of the after noon waiting for her to get up.