Chapter 6 Something new

Jo's prov
I don't know what was happening. All I could process was that I was chained down. All I felt was pain and fear. I could hear his malevolent laughter repeating in my head. I was shaking and I could feel a cold sweat staring. I couldn't comprehend what I was saying but I'm pretty sure I was screaming something. I was struggling and fighting with my nightmares.
I woke up screaming and shaking. Looking around I realized I was still in my room. I was tangled in my sheets and I just couldn't get my breathing under control. My door was forcefully opened. I looked up to see the two faces of Danny and Robin. Both seemed concerned but calmed down a little bit when they realized it was just a nightmare. Danny spoke first before locking Robin out of the room," I'll take care of this go back to bed." Not much was processing. It was like I was stuck reliving my nightmare. I could faintly make out Danny sitting in front of me. I heard a deep calming voice and I could just realize it was Danny. I couldn't make out what he was saying but I could tell it was soothing. I seemed to snap out of my daze when I realized Danny had me in a light embrace and was rocking me back and forth all the while humming a quite toon in me ear. I was about to protest the contact but I could almost feel myself being pulled back into slumber. The fog that felt like it had just lifted returned and I fell back asleep. This time I felt like I was falling into content instead of misery.
Danny's prov
When I heard the screams coming from a few rooms down I was instantly on high alert high tailing it over the Jo's room. I got there at the same time Robin did. I won't admit it out loud but he sure does seem extremely concerned. When the door finally opened we where greeted was Jo curling in on herself looking like something just tried to kill her. Knowing Robin wasn't that good with feelings and that I was extremely concerned as well I told Robin, "I'll take care of this, go back to bed." I gave him a look telling him not to worry. He knows I did the same thing for Star, and BB. I shut the door and made my way over to Jo. She was still shaking and her eyes were glassed over telling me she hadn't fully gotten over the nightmare. Seeing as she didn't have a reaction to me I moved to sit behind her. I lightly rapped my arms around her and began to rock back and forth. After I second I started to hum a toon my mom used to use on me before... she passed away. Looking down at Jo now I could tell she was starting to fully register what was happening but didn't have time to do anything about it because she fell asleep before she could. At the moment I didn't really care she could be a criminal. Honestly she seemed like a little girl who has seen to many evils. Looking at her now she looked just like an innocent child that has a bad day. I studied her then. She had long blond locks flowing down to cup her face. She has a cute dainty little nose sprinkled in light freckles. Her almost always stoic expression was now one of peace and contempt. I liked seeing this part of Jo. I was about to get up and leave when she moved in my hold and buried her head in my chest and rapped her arms around my waist like if she let me go I'd disappear forever. I could feel my heart pick up and my cheeks redden. Honestly the only girl outside of my family to hug me was Sam Star. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts of the past i refocused on my predicament. I could phase through her hold but I would feel heartless if I did that and what if she had another nightmare. With that though in my head I laid down on the bed and repositioned us under the covers. I could feel myself dozing of my last thought, I hope JO doesn't kill me in the morning.
Jo's prov.
I woke up laying on a really hard pillow. I would have considered this uncomfortable but in truth I was completely comfortable and I honestly didn't want to get up. That is until I felt my pillow move and something reposition itself on my waist. I opened my eyes to see my face not in a pillow like I thought I was laying on but actually Danny's chest. I quickly realized I was smuggled into Danny's side and he had an arm draped around my waist keeping me in my spot. I was about to freak out until I remembered my nightmare, Danny calming me down, and only half consciously move further in his embrace. I would of slapped myself if I wasn't afraid I would wake him up. I skillfully wiggled out of his grasp and made my way to the bathroom. After I was done I made my way down to the common room. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared to enter but I needed food and I was fully confident in my emotionless mask, sadly I obtained this ability the hard way. When the doors whooshed open everything stopped on the other side. Raven was reading of the lotus position on the edge of the couch. Beastboy and Cyborg where arguing in the kitchen about who was cooking and Starfire was trying to stop a full blown fight. Robin was no where in sight and I don't know how I should feel about that. Beastboy was the first to break the silence, "morning." Everyone else went back to ignoring me while Beastboy asked me what I wanted to eat for breakfast. "Anything is fine, thanks," I answered his question. He smiled that big boyish grin that only he could pull off before moving behind the stove to cook me something to eat. Cyborg went to join him in cooking and Starfire looked deep in thought. "Please unknown Jo, you are friends with Beastboy yes?" She asked tilting her head looking at me with eyes full of curiosity. I ignored the title and her strange form of speech answering her question my voice void of emotion, "I don't have any friends." I could tell everyone was paying close attention even if they were trying to hide it. Starfire gasped as if that was the worst thing in the world. "You do not have friends, what has happened to cause such an atrocity." I was getting slightly uncomfortable with the topic and it was slightly showing in my answer,"um nothing I guess, I've just never had a friend in the first place." I was hoping the topic would be dropped but Starfire had different ideas. "That is unexceptional for you to have never known the joys that come from friendship, I will do the honer of being you first friend." She continued to ramble making her way out of the room. Turning back to Beastboy who looked just as shocked as I did was already looking at me. "What just happened?" I questioned. Cyborg decided now was the time to add his input, "looks like you got your first friend." He then got in my face and threatened, "but you better not mess with her emotions, she takes friends vary seriously." He turned back to his cooking as did Beastboy.
I soon became bored of just sitting here and found a napkin just sitting on the bar. I looked around for a pen finding one on top of a pile of papers. I set to work not focusing on what I was drawing, just letting my mind wonder. After I was finished with my character I started to work on the background. I was doing some finishing touches when a plate of food was set down in front of me. "Alright I made an all tofu breakfast of bacon, eggs and french toast." I gave the tiniest of smiles and at my breakfast. I put my now empty plate in the sink. I went back to my doodling not paying much attention to the curious look I was getting from behind. "What's that," asked the undeniable voice of Danny. I jumped in my seat and turned around to see him leaning on the bar looking over my shoulder trying to get a good look at the picture. I realized his difficulty in seeing with my left hand still in the way blocking it from view. He slipped it out from under my hand with ease and studied the drawing. It was a little girl standing in the middle of a darkly lit deserted street. Her hair covered his face from view. She was waring a nightgown of sorts and had a little doll tucked under her arms. The one thing that stood out the most was her bare feet that were just standing there, like she gave up. I didn't dare look in Danny's face and settled with twirling my fingers together. "What you got there," asked Robin looking over Danny's shoulder. I didn't even notice when they came in. Taking a peak I was shocked to see both boys looking at the drawing like it was the best peace of art they had ever seen. "Who made this?" Asked Robin but he wasn't talking like he normally would, defensive and suspicious. It was more curious then anything. Danny looked up at me; that was all Robin needed to know who exactly drew the picture. "Jo you drew this?" Robin asked incredulously. I gave a curt nod trying hard not to show I was insecure about my drawings. I was lost in thought about a time a long time ago when my brother would always say I had the makings of an artist. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Danny started speaking. "This is amazing, I had no idea you could draw so well. On a napkin no less." "What's so amazing," asked Beastboy coming back from playing video games with Cyborg. Danny handed Beastboy the napkin. I watched in mild amusement when his eyes grew hug in size. He started stuttering looking from me to the drawing then back to me. Right before he was actually able to make words Starfire flew in, promptly grabbed my hand, and dragged me away. All the while she was chatting about how she had the perfect plain. "Come on Ravin, you are to join us in the activity of shopping," Starfire squealed while dragging a mumbling Raven along. The one thing that went through my head at that moment was, what did I just get myself into.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
HEY GUYS
All of you awesome people who are still reading my story I thank you all (throughs hands in air dramatically)
Danny:(shakes head at me like I'm crazy) oh when will she grow up
Me: never.....NEVER MWHAHAHAH *cough* *cough*
Me: anyways (turns back to audience) Now for imported info, I am sorry for not updating as quickly as most would hope...I'm stopping there because you are probably hitting your head on the wall screaming "WHY MUST SHE APOLOGIZE"
Jo:(leans in to whisper in Danny's ear) who's she talking to
Danny: I don't know
Me: (puts hand to mouth like I'm about to tell a secret) ignore them they don't know I'm In charge of there fate.
Jo/Danny: WHAT!!!
Me: SOMEONE DO THE DISCLAIMER
Starfire: I will...Rose does not own Teen Titans or Danny Phantom or any other show or character mentioned. But she does own Jo. Thank you
Me: GOOD BYE GUYS