Chapter 9 Questions answers and more questions?

Jo's prov
I looked up at Danny in surprise. 'Deserve a friend?'  I wanted to trust him so badly. Tell someone everything so I can move on. But I couldn't do that to anyone. I would be putting them in danger... But Danny puts himself in danger to help others... I opened my mouth to answer his question but then closed it. "If I let people in then they would get hurt." I couldn't bring myself to look up at Danny after I said that. Danny slowly led my over to the couch never quite releasing my from his hold. "Why would someone get hurt if you opened up to them?" Danny asked me quietly. I took a shaky breath but in the end decided to answer anyway. "To put it simply my past has a bad habit of showing its ugly face."
Danny staid quiet for a minute after that until he finally said,"you still don't have to face it on your own." I just sat and stared at him. I don't know what to say. I don't know what to think anymore. Do I trust him and tell him everything? No! I can't, he'll through me in jail and then my nightmare will find me. But...he's always been kind to me, even when I was considered a major threat... I could feel my resolve slipping and my walls crashing down. I can feel my eyes stinging with unshed tears and my heart ache for someone's comfort. I don't know what caused me to do it but I through caution to the wind and spilled everything.
   "When I was a little girl my parents were killed. I don't know why or who did it but they were killed. My older brother disappeared from my life with an empty promise to come find me in a few years. I was sent to an orphanage were I stayed for a few months. I kept to myself mostly and just felt depressed," I started off my story. Danny sat quietly, listening intently. I continued,"but then everything changed. I don't remember this part very well but I remember clearly waking up in a cold dark cage with chains digging into my wrists. I have no idea how long I was left down there starving and terrified but it wasn't long enough. When he came down there I knew. I just knew I was in for hell. His sadistic smile is burned in my brain. It was i nightmare there and the worst part is ill never truly escape. He's already gotten his memory drilled in my head." I was on the bridge of a breakdown and Danny knew it so he tightened his hold as if trying to protect me from my nightmare. "And I hate the fact that he got me to play his game. To be a pawn in his cruel control and I always will be. No matter were I go he finds me." I could feel myself waring out and unconsciously laid my head on Danny's shoulder. I barley got the words,"he's the reason I am who I am..."before I completely backed out.
Danny's prov
   I watched as Jo seemed to ware herself out and fall asleep on my shoulder. I don't know what to do at the moment about her situation but I do know how I feel. Anger, sadness, protective, confused. It seemed to be a tornado of emotions was flying through my head. I wanted to comfort her and tell her everything will be alright. I want to hurt the man that caused her so much pain. I want to know what she meant when she said he controls who she is.
   I picked up Jo to carry her to her room. On the way down the hall I past the rest of the team, that just got back from the docks. They didn't react much when I walked past because they were all pretty tiered. Beastboy was already asleep on the floor snoring away. I carefully laid her down on her bed and tucked her in. As if it were a reflex she curled up and and buried her head in her pillow. I couldn't help but chuckle at the cute pose she was in. Where's a camera when you need one.
Robins prov
   We just got back from the docks  when I saw Danny carry a sleeping Jo up to her room. Almost naturally I felt burning anger take over my emotions. It took me by surprise when I realized I was balling my hands into fists. I made my way up to my room just like everyone else. When I got there I laid on my bed and just stared at the ceiling in thought. I don't even know why I was so upset. As I sorted through my emotions I realized it wasn't an angry emotion but more of a protective one. What! Why am I feeling protective? She's a criminal, I can't be protective of a criminal. 'But you don't know that for sure' the annoying part of my brain reasoned.... I couldn't figure it out when all of a sudden I just remembered having the same feelings for another criminal.
Flash back
   A young me was creeping on top of the rafters of Jokers resent warehouse hid out. Batman was able to track Joker to this location and I was doing an undercover assignment to figure his next move. As I crept along I could hear the clank of metal on metal and Joker rambling to himself. Yep definitely the right place. As I got into position I was able to see Marionette, Jokers prodigy, trying to hook something up to a machine. I was waiting for Joker to reveal his plain when Marionette slipped and fell off the machine. "Get up you lazy slacker and get back to building my machine. She made a barley audible groan as she tried to get up.  "What was that," asked Joker. He slapped her across the face before screaming," you little twit groaning is a sign of weakness. You never show weakness!" He kicked her in the ribs and she was nocked back into the sharp metal machine behind her. I instantly felt sick and angry at the same time. But most of all I felt protective and like I should go down there and kick the crap out of the Joker. Of course at that moment I lost my balance and was exposed....
Flash back end
   After that I never truly liked fight Marionette.  I guess I could see through her banter and malevolent smiles. I could see they were fake and that she was in pain but I couldn't to anything. She was working for the wrong side. I did come to the conclusion she was being forced but there was never enough evidence. I wonder what happened to her? And what I'm going to do about Jo, and why I feel so protective over her in the first place? I fell asleep with unanswered questions filling my head, and I hate not knowing the truth.
✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
HELLO EVERYBODY

Thanks to all of you wonderful people still reading my story. It truly touches my heart.
Beastboy: seriously dude who are you talking to(looks through screen) hello anybody there
Me:(rules eyes) Beastboy I'm talking to my imaginary friends....they don't like you...except for Lizzy, she wants to keep you
Beastboy: huh?
Me:(rules eyes at cluelessness)
That's all for now-GOOD BYE PEOPLE
Lots Of Love
C