Chapter 5

Julia's POV

"When can we go back, it's been three weeks now and I have midterms very soon." Irritation was setting in at this point. I needed to get back to my job, my schooling. "Do you know how hard it was to get the position at the sanctuary? They've probably already filled the position, not to mention that most of the animals need specific care. I know other people are competent enough, but I'm worried that some of the animals may be starving right now." 

"Julia," Alex sighed as he put his hands on my shoulders. "you've been going on about this for two hours now. We know, animals need you. You need to pass your classes. We know." I looked at Butterfingers for help.

"Oh, no, no. Do not give me that look. You know I cave. I'm sorry, Princess, but we can't help this time. The bosses say what we need to do, and we do it." He got off the counter with his ice cream and moved to the other side of the room. "Stop it, you know I can't say no to that face. It's not fair." He pointed the spoon at me. 

"But-" 

"Julia." Mitchell's voice sighed. "We know how much you want to get back, okay? We're doing all we can to fix the situation. In a way, it's good that this happened because there was serious problem solving that needed to happen between us all."

"Look, I get it. You're rich and well know. You can hide for weeks, I can't. I have a job and I have school. I'm not like you people, I don't have the financial situation you do." He stood up rigid and his arms cross.

"You people?" He asked with irritation. "Last time I checked, Juliana, you were married to a rich guy. We've already tried to give you money, and you never accept it." He and I glared at each other.

"I don't want your money." I shrugged and shook my head. "I'm still a person who isn't about to rely on some men who change their mind about me like they change sleeping arrangements." I crossed my arms and stood up straight. 

"Oh, s***." Alex whispered, rubbing his head and standing back.

"That's not fair to put it on us, Juliana. You know we only changed the arrangements because it's not safe for you to be around us a-"

"When will it ever be safe for me to be around you both?! You're two men in a position where you merk people for a living!" Alex and Butterfingers backed away from me and Mitchell.

"You know that isn't what we do, Juliana!"

"Will you both shut up and stop acting like children?!" Gabriel's voice topped both of ours. I shifted slightly at the raise in his voice. "Juliana, we've gone over this. We're all in hiding until those who are doing the footwork succeed. The arrangements have changed because it's safer for you, right now, to not be around us. You haven't used electronics like us, it's safer in case someone gets the location. As for you working, I understand it's important to you. I know how much you care about the animals. I know how much you care about your schooling. Mitchell and I are in a position to help you, we owe you more than money can buy. What's ours is yours, no matter how things go down between us all. Okay, Princess?" He had gone to a normal talking voice. I nodded at him silently, and he left with Mitchell.