Chapter 9

I could only stand there, staring up at Percy. I didn't know what to do or what to say to him. He took me by surprise with that attack. His face was slightly red once he realized he had acted on impulse. The tension in the room was finally broken when I heard Mitchell speak.

"We were waiting on how long it would take him to finally cave." He didn't seem bothered that he had kissed me, even when the twins told me never to let another man touch me like that. "If you're both done with your tantrums, both of you come and eat." Butterfingers listened and moved back to the counter quietly, but I just stood there. How am I supposed to react to that?

"Julia," Alex said with a sigh. "Let's go, eat." I stared at him in silence and eventually moved back to my seat. I picked at some of the food and really only pushed it around the plate. "You have to eat it all; he didn't even give you that much. That's a child's portion of food." 

"I'm not hungry," I muttered and pushed around the food still. 

"It doesn't matter if you're hungry or not, you need to eat it," Gabe said quietly. "You're tiny and unhealthy. The doctors were worried about you from even before." He glanced over at me, making me shift in my seat. 

"You can only have ice cream and cookies if you actually finish the meals." I stared up at Alex in irritation.

"I'm an adult; I can have ice cream and cookies whenever I want. I don't have to listen to you all." He rose a brow at me and shook his head. "You're all just mean." It's been a few hours since I had the run-in with the four, and I was feeling a bit snacky. I had locked myself in my own little office/studio room because I didn't want to be around anyone. Sunshine had been with me the entire time and let me be in my own head. After I made my way to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and saw that there were prepared snacks that were never done before. Maybe they know how I am and pick the easiest foods to grab. Shaking my head, I grabbed a container of cut-up apples, and I grabbed a container of yogurt to dip them in. I put some yogurt in a bowl and placed it back in the fridge. Sunshine leaned against the counter, talking to me while I ate. 

"I've never seen someone eat apples and yogurt together before." He chuckled at me as I ate happily. I offered him one, and he happily ate it.

"They're good. I get hungry when I have nothing to do, but I forget to eat when I'm at school or working. So that means I don't eat a lot because I work a lot."

"Still, you have gotten really small lately. I think that might be why you're always so sick." I watched as he started to make tea for us both.

"It definitely plays a role in why I'm always sick. Alex and Butterfingers always made sure I ate at least one thing, but it doesn't mean it won't come back up. I just don't eat because I also don't like it coming back up. I hate that they're forcing me to eat food because it makes me feel sick."