Unravel; III

The security room was stuffy, small, and smelled like the smoke she'd always smoked. She hated it here. The only light source was the monitor screens with dim blue hues.

Bleh. Security rooms were always the worst.

Bonnie had no idea how the Anderson boy had managed to work here for so long. It was a pigsty in here.

Sometimes she wondered how she was able to stay here and did such pleasuring activities. Was it the booze or was the kid just that great of a kisser?

Eh. Probably the former.

She took a long drag of her smoke, her painted red nails shimmering a purple hue caused by the blue light. She hoped the welcomed nicotine clouding her lungs would calm her down and make her forget all of this bullshit ever happened.

Bonnie wished she had a can of beer right now. Or maybe whiskey. Anything alcoholic, really. Ooh, wine would be nice. It was just a shame that wines were un-fucking-reasonably expensive. Just- Anything that would numb her down, make the world go round, make everything funny; she'd take it.

But she'd never drink on the job. As much as she'd like to, she knew she had to have a clear head. There was no screwing up. Not in this job.

"You really fucked up, Anderson," she murmured, trails of smoke wisping out of her mouth. She pulled a strand of blonde hair away from her face, scowling when the damn strand just swayed back down again. Whatever. She left it there.

Anderson was a frightened squirrel, all shaky and jumpy and white. He was pretending to be something he wasn't though, glaring at her as though he could survive her, holding a gun with two hands despite its small size, aiming it right below her chest.

Eh. At least he had the balls to get himself a gun and pretend he had a semblance of an idea on how to use it. That made him more entertaining than the last five people she had had to interrogate.

"I told you, dozens of times, I did not tell anyone anything."

Bonnie wondered if this had to do with the Wildcard.

After a short consideration, she deemed it possible, but unlikely.

Bonnie let her mouth stay open and the grey air to come out, not as grand as before, wondering if he really was telling the truth. It was moments like this where she envied those freaks for having the 'magical' ability to tell not only lies, but basically read minds and predict emotions and, if honed well, more.

All Bonnie had was training and experience.

"Someone came to you two days ago, demanding you let them in. After you spoke to them, they left."

Whoever they were, they were a fucking midget, or a dwarf - she forgot what the difference was - and they seemed to be in some shady business.

It was all thanks to her oh so professional relationship with Anderson that she had happened to be close-by, watching the whole thing, at first with mild interest, which soon turned into more than mild.

It could've been anybody. Or it could've been someone demanding a supply of information.

Anderson's reaction would show which of the two options were true.

If he reacted accordingly, which was to say he waved them off, then he truly did say nothing.

If he denied it ever happened-

"What?! What are you talking about? That was just some random kid."

-... well, it usually meant there was more to it than just 'some random kid'.