04 | diamond showers

It was that time of the season again.

Autumn rains and mirrored streets—a phenomenon that Yuna was grateful for tranquil breeze and soft grey clouds. The sky could smile and shine, but it's a matter of time it will fall.

It was a beautiful day indeed, but Yuna here didn't bring an umbrella to accompany her. So she had no other choice but to walk with a raincloud on the way home. She had forgotten to bring her money for dinner. Pretty troublesome, especially for her. She didn't like going home at this time of the day, right before dinner, but you'll see.

It was plainly too risky for her to skate due to the glossed pavements and puddles. Even an idiot would understand. Yuna knows she wasn't one—that smug little shit.

Raindrops gently hit her cheeks, dripping down like tears in disguise—a perfect day to be sad and miserable wrapped in a cocoon. Anyone would love to cry in the rain. Why? Because the people that broke your heart won't know if you're hurting.

That was probably why Yuna loved the rain. The sky would be there to wipe away anyone's dreadful tears. Oh, melancholy.

And by the time Yuna reached the dandelion house that seemed to outshine the serein rain, a strange, yet forlorn wave of exhaustion almost immediately hit her the moment she stepped foot into the house—a routine she was getting tired of in both ways, endlessly.

She quietly made her way upstairs, secretly hoping that the wood under her feet wouldn't cry, though she thought it shouldn't matter much when no one pays heed to her presence. But she finally reached her room, grabbed whatever she needed; a hoodie, savings and her last breath of sanity before going back out, only to see her father staggering out of the kitchen when she reached the stairs.

He was a mess, and Yuna sighed woefully at the sight. It wasn't the kind of mess from a normal person, but the kind of mess that you would see from a twisted man, perhaps already losing his way in the road trip towards one would call happiness.

His ruffled hair was in the way of his weary eyes, combing them back with a hand while the other gripped his bottle of beer like a life support—the addiction that got him this far. Yuna continued climbing down the stairs, trying not to look at him again, but he sensed she was there, therefore looking up only to snarl at the rosy-haired girl.

"You..." He pointed his finger at her, clearly shaking from the mess of nerves he was in, narrowing his gaze. "Make me dinner you bitch!"

"Not until you get your shit together!"

Yuna proceeds to the door, leaving without care before walking down the streets of the sinking town, pushing back her tears as she took deep breaths.

And when the sky fell harder, she lets the rest of the hidden tears fall too, leaving it to the rain to wipe away hers so that no one else could.

__________

"Ah, Yuna-chan. Finally decided to appreciate my presence?"

She chuckled as she made her way to the barstool, lifting her hood from her head. "The rain made me."

"You're only taking advantage. I'm very offended."

Yuna lightly laughed as she shook her head. "You know how I like eating outside, Shiro-san."

"Kiss me with that bullshit."

"If you want me to." She winked.

"Now I'm starting to think that you eating outside is a great idea."

"Please don't kick me out."

"Then kneel before me."

"Kinky."