20 | golden suns

Yuna felt a little too lively today.

Could it be the sunny hour that vivaciously blessed her blue soul with greeneries and sunflowers? She dared to look up to the evening sky with squinted eyes curtained with dainty fingers to look for the answer in the white light of a sacred star.

A wide grin stretched across her lips when the feeling of something exciting rests upon her chest.

"The fuck are you smiling at you mad woman?"

She snapped out of her muse and turned to the sound of a hoarse voice belonging to a certain blond she knows, causing the smile on her lips to brighten.

"What? I can't smile?" She remembered the private conversation between him and Shiro a week ago.

Bakugou stared at her with a small scowl, eyes perilously narrowed from the sunny weather. "..Yeah. It pisses me off."

She mirthfully laughed. "Gladly."

His gaze then noticed the board in her hands, raising a brow. Yuna seemed to notice the lingering look on his face, though she perked up and raised the board to her chest.

"Do you skate?"

"Used to," he mumbled.

"Do you want to?" She asked hopefully.

He stared at her again. This time long enough to cause the jitters to crawl all over her shoulders.

"Whatever."

His answer was all it took for her to grab his hand and run to the first place she thought of.

"What the fuck, tuna!" He grunted out at the situation, but she doesn't feel him resisting as they ran down the streets.

The world must be curious about why they see two uniformed students taming the city and conquering the lonely streets—also running on a forgotten path that only the utopists would remember. A forsaken place in the middle of a secluded part of the town, though populated by two.

Standing before them was a deserted skatepark tainted with multi colours from spray cans long abandoned by artists who no longer felt the need to paint the world when their world was limited to a canvas smaller than the firmament. All that was left was the sentimental value each of them created—some streaked with jet black ooze like the extravagant taste ridiculing them for being the unicorn in a field of bland horses.

A small sigh left her lips, almost smiling at the scenes from an old movie—reminiscing the times when she used to practice her tricks with the other kids, though it eventually faded into isolation when life grew and moved on.

"I used to skate here all the time," she said in a wistful way, but at the same time, she was glad to be back.

"Then why come back now?" He asked in a low voice, staring at the park in front of him with hands covered in pockets.

She chuckled lightly. "I don't know. Maybe something made me. Something made me want to look back and remember what actually made me happy than before. Because all these years, I've forgotten how it feels like to have these feelings. Feeling so happy you want to share them with someone."

He scoffed. "Am I supposed to be flattered?"

"Maybe." Yes. She hides her spontaneous smile with a smirk.

"So are we gonna skate or what?" He grinned roguishly, and her heart leapt up to her throat.

__________

"That's so not fair!"