12 | a walk on venus

At the end of the day, Yuna always finds herself alone.

She would be in an eerie, forlorn atmosphere of a place that is usually bustling with people but is now abandoned and quiet—a school hallway in the evening, an unlit office on a weekend, vacant fairgrounds—an emotional afterimage that makes it seems not just empty but hyper-empty, with a total population in the negative, who are so conspicuously absent they glow like neon signs.

The feeling she had whenever she sat in the kitchen alone—everyone had gone out to work or drink, whatever they do—Yuna finds it comforting to savour the tranquillity out of it. Yet, she took great effort trying to accept it over the years. Trying to accept that silence will always be her music and not the mellow voice that kept her company. It was a hard change—a hard shift set in sail, but she made sure she stayed afloat.

However, things changed.. a little.

Yuna started feeling a little lonely.

It wasn't because she was always alone every night under her roof. It could be the fact that ever since she met a certain blond, her nightly sushi hangouts became one of her favourite things.

Yes, Bakugou clearly shows that she, the irritating girl constantly babbling about constellations, wasn't the best company. Especially when he least expected her to be around him—school hallways, counter barstools in a sushi store.

But one thing Yuna was grateful for someone like him was the very fact that Bakugou never pretended once to like her or even be nice. Thinking about it, he has never been nice, and she liked it that way. He surprisingly didn't question anything about her visit to her brother's grave. Something that she finds.. warming to trust him a little.

Yuna halts her thoughts, blinking a few times when she paused in drinking a glass of water.

Trust? Since when does Yuna start trusting people? Even a little?

Well, yeah—she trusts Shiro, but that's it. Really.

Maybe because it was the strange feeling she had when she naturally lets him follow her story that he was beginning to see—Yuna didn't hesitate at all. Now that made her question herself on why she actually did it.

Shiro was the brother she never had. Bakugou was the friend that she..

Ah. Right. Bakugou is her friend now. Well.. does he see her as one? Properly?

Yuna chuckled, shaking her head at the random thoughts passing by. Overthinking and passing thoughts were two things she both liked and despised. It will either make you smile or break your heart.

It was right then that she heard the door rang.

She perked up at the sound resonating in her ears, placing her glass on the counter before making her way to open the door. It was nearly dinner—yes she wasn't at Minisu. It was the weekend. She doesn't go to Minisu during the weekends.

Without looking through the peephole, Yuna opens the door.

"Tell me when you're not coming so I don't waste my time coming to the shitty restaurant."

Yuna's lips parted slightly at his unexpected presence.

"Well hello to you too, Kat." She grinned and looked all over him to see him wearing camo pants and a white shirt topped with a windbreaker, somewhat overdressed. "Going on a date I see. You should've asked me earlier so I could get ready ya know?"

Bakugou rolled his eyes and grunts in disgust at her comment, though obviously the both of them were already used to it.

"Well, yeah. Get ready. We're having dinner at my place."