10 | white dwarfs

There are times when you regret opening your eyes when you wake up. There are moments when breathing feels a lot like a mistake that you are afraid to make. There are nights when your mere existence feels like a sharp object that lashes on people who crossed paths with you.

And there will be nights when your life will fall apart, and no one will notice the mornings you spend putting it back together.

An individual would have approximately twelve hours between them to be ready for the next time they will fall apart at night, and do it all over again the next day and so on.

Yuna was getting tired of it ever since the beginning of the end—the end was nowhere near either. A loop she had to live through ever since a tragedy and a war that'll never be stopped.

So then, Yuna sighs in the mirror and smiled to herself, reminding herself that there are ways to live with a purpose rather than without one.

She picked up her bag, and left her room without her board.

Upon reaching the stairs and climbing down, Yuna saw a figure—the same old figure resting on the couch with countless bottles on the coffee table. The sight of her father sleeping soundlessly on the couch gave her the right to look away in hopes to stop her heart from aching for no reason at all. Or perhaps seeing him like that—a man sleeping, unaware of the immense sadness and anger surging in his dreams driven by happy pills and cool drinks—made her question if that day didn't happen, everything would be normal.

Ah.

That reminds her.

Today is the eighth anniversary.

No wonder the house was strangely quiet last night after she got back from..

Yuna shook herself out of her thoughts and continued making her way towards the door, and to school.

__________

The bathroom and library were already out of bounds because Yuna here, didn't want to cross paths with any ghosts at all. Not today of all days. Today was supposed to be special—or was it? Should it?

Still, Yuna finds herself pondering with boredom as she watched everyone leave the classroom while she lingered in her seat as always. Staying here was better than going anywhere. Everyone goes out to have lunch and only comes back when the next bell almost rings. Going anywhere else would have a high chance that she'd encounter another whisperer. Doesn't matter if it's about her or anything else. Once she hears her name coated with disgust, she would either stay or leave.

Maybe sleeping would be fine, Yuna thinks. It wasn't a bad idea either. Just rest her head on the table and—

"Yuna! Is that you?"

Fuck, what now—she lifts her head up from her table and glance across the classroom to see a familiar strong shade of blond with the signature bolt at the door.

"Oh my god it is you," Kaminari excitedly wiggles past the rows of tables and stops right in front of her, greeting her with a smile. "Wanna join us for lunch?"

"Us?"

He nudged his head at the side, diverting her attention to the small group of people standing outside the door consisting of Kirishima, Sero, Bakugou and a.. girl with short lilac hair with.. elongated earlobes?

"Um, sure." Yuna lightly chuckles and starts getting out of her seat, causing a grin to shine from his lips, urging her to hurry—geez someone's excited—she chuckles.

Yuna followed him out of the class, turning off the lights from her class before she united with the group whilst meeting someone new.

"Yuna!" Kirishima chimes with a grin. "Jirou, she's the one who helped us pick your guitar."