07 | interstellar constellations

Her eyes craved for stars that night.

She laid on a grassy field in the midst of a sleeping town while she watched the constellations shine on a wakening soul. That, she would be the only one to lose her slumber just to lose her way in the sky full of undying quasars and mysterious planets. Those were the only ones that made it worth her time.

She sees Orion. She sees Canis Major—oh, she saw a Pisces and oh—she wonders why a sign so beautiful in the sky was so, so torn.

How could her constellation be profoundly ethereal up there in the cerulean when she herself was a sore mess? How could both of them be a living divine and ruination at the same time?

She sees a beautiful mess as the world sleeps, unaware that an angel had a broken halo, weeping out of.. sadness? No. No it wasn't. It's something more than that. Could there be a feeling sadder than sad? She swore she knew that feeling better than anyone. A feeling she had to swallow every time.

What was it?

Her eyes flickered one star after another, discovering familiar constellations before they slowly happen to see a lone star in the corner of her eyes—a single, luminous star so bright that it hurts to stare for more than a second.

Ah.

There it is. That feeling.

Yuna failed to notice the tears streaming down her face as she admires the star with a quivering smile.

It hurts feeling alone, doesn't it?

She could hear the clouds sigh, the winds cry, the shattered porcelains, the raging heat under a single roof. She could hear the whispers of the undead while she, the only one who was living and dying in a class full of cruel, human beings.

Her smile faltered into a deep frown, followed by a small whimper betraying her lips.

It really does.

All she wanted to do was escape from herself, but no matter how many times she would run around chasing cars, flourish the perpetual valley of thorny roses, tried radiating positivity for both optimists and pessimists—it will all lead back to her.

What went wrong? She thought. How can she do everything right and still feel like this at night? How can she fix something if she doesn't know what's broken?

A dry laugh left her cold lips.

It's okay. She'll get through it again this time.

..Right?

__________

"Hey, babe."

"Die."

"For you? Sure."

"Oh god fucking dammit," Bakugou rubs his hand all over his face, savagely shoving a piece of sushi into his mouth.

"You're early today."

"M' hungry."

"Shocker."

Yuna sat down beside the blond on the steps, already have her food purchased, but something was tempting her to go somewhere else—like a siren alluring her to follow their voice. Perhaps it wasn't temptation, but more of an opportunity to get to know the blond a little more than just a schoolmate from Yuei.

"Hey, wanna go stargazing?"

Bakugou blinked. "Wanna fucking what?"

"Stargaze at that spot there," she pointed at the field behind Minisu, an open space perfectly made for a picnic at any time in the world.