Chapter 10

It had been two whole weeks and Dean was still refusing to speak to me. Every time I got the chance I would attempt to get a moment alone with him, to work things out. But he wouldn't have any of it. What hurt the most was that he wouldn't even tell me to go away. I knew I wasn't wanted there anymore but I just wish he'd at least tell me that. His silence was causing me the most pain. I quietly sat in the armchair and watched patiently as Sam flicked through his father's journal. Dean was at the bar...again. It didn't matter where we were, he always managed to find a bar nearby. I was beginning to think he was doing this on purpose. Going to these places intentionally so he could escape to a bar every night. It was like he was trying his hardest to avoid me. He hated me. And I so desperately wanted to change that. I wanted our old lives back. Everything was so different now; it was so awkward and uncomfortable.

"Sam?"I suddenly spoke up.

He looked up from the ancient book. "Yeah?"

"Could you talk to Dean? Get him to talk to me maybe?"

He sighed heavily, as if he was already sick of hearing my voice. "I already told you. I'm not getting involved with this. Whatever's going on, it's between you and Dean now. And if you two can't come back from this...well I'm afraid that's on you."

He was right. This was on me. I was the one who messed things up. Why did I have to go and ruin things?

***

I was awoken from my restless slumber when I heard loud mumbling coming from behind the front door. I slowly pulled myself into a sitting position and switched the bedside lamp on. Dean was now stumbling through the door, holding a large bottle in his hand. I quickly slid out of bed and ran to his aid.

"Dean? What have you been doing?" I whispered as I held him steady.

He was quick to shove me off of him. "Oh don't start. Stop acting like nothing even happened."

"I'm not!"

"Yeah you are. You—you just want everything to—to go back to normal," He slurred.

"Yeah, I do. And I know things aren't great between us right now. But I want to help you. I want to fix things between us," I confessed as I helped him onto the bed.

"Leave me alone."

"No."

He seemed surprised. "No?"

"Yeah. No. I said I want to fix things and I'm not gonna stop trying until you let me in. Now hand me that bottle." I said, holding out my hand.

He just smiled, handing me the bottle. "Here."

I sat down beside him on the bed, taking a sip of the drink. The second the liquid touched my lips, a burning sensation shot straight down my throat. "God! What is this?"

He chuckled. "I don't even know myself."

"Wow."

All of a sudden, the room went completely silent and I felt a sudden sense of nervousness. I turned to look at Dean and without warning, he planted a soft kiss on my quivering lips.

"Uh...wow. That was...unexpected." I stuttered.

"Sorry."

"No, don't be. It's just. I thought you were still mad at me."

"Does this really look like I'm mad?" He smiled before trying to steal another kiss.

I firmly placed my hands on his chest. "Are you sure?"

He nodded before leaning back in and pressing his lips against mine.

"I love you," I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too."

***

a/n
Sorry if this is terrible. I kinda had to rush it so that's why it's so short as well. I've just been busy with revising for exams and stuff but I'll try to make the chapters longer. Hope you're enjoying the story. Please vote!!!