Chapter 13

"Dean! What the hell were you thinking!?" I yelled as we ran through the garden. He'd had a brilliant idea to ambush the mailman. However, there was a flaw in his amazing plan as he didn't think to check just how many demons there were. We were now being chased by a herd of vengeful demons.

"Come on! We gotta hurry it up!" Dean called as he grabbed my hand and dragged me forward. It was now just me, Dean and Sam running for our lives because we ended up getting separated from Bobby.

By the time we'd reached Lilith's house, Sam was already frantically picking the lock. The demons were right behind us.

"Sam! You might wanna hurry up!" Dean urged, knowing that we would be caught any minute.

"I'm going as fast as I can!"

"Well it's not fast enough. Go faster!"

The demons were much closer now. I was beginning to panic. "Oh my god. Now we're all gonna die!"

But before anyone could say anything, the sprinklers suddenly turned on. And when one of the demons reached the sprinklers, they screamed out in pain the second they came into contact with the water.

Dean smirked. "Holy water. Nice going Bobby."

"Wait, Bobby did this?"

He nodded, still smiling. "Yup."

A wave of relief washed over me. "Great."

I turned around when I heard a sudden click.

"Got it," Sam said, opening the now unlocked front door. We all hurried inside, closing the door behind us. We'd made it into Lilith's house. But what now?

"You think Lilith knows we're here?" Dean questioned, examining the room we were now standing in.

"Probably," Sam sighed.

We cautiously followed each other into the living room to check to see if it was safe. It didn't seem that Lilith was here. Was Dean mistaken? Were we tricked? All of a sudden, a cabinet door flung open and a man lunged at Dean. He quickly spun around and restrained the man, who was clearly terrified.

"Shh. We're here to help, okay?" Dean whispered softly. The man slowly nodded, still shaking. I felt terrible for the man. He'd clearly been terrorised by Lilith and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I couldn't even imagine the pain he must have suffered through.

"Sir, where is your daughter?" Sam asked, carefully stepping closer.

He replied with a shaky voice. "It's not...it's not her anymore."

"Where is she?" Sam asked again, this time, in a less comforting voice.

"Upstairs. In her bedroom."

Dean then began talking again. "Okay. Listen to me. I want you to go downstairs to the basement and put a line of salt at the door behind you. Understand?"

The man shook his head. "Not without my wife."

Dean was clearly beginning to get frustrated. "Yes without your wife," he growled.

"No."

Instead of trying to argue more, Dean chose what you could call an 'alternative option'. He punched the man in the face, knocking him unconscious, and flung him over his shoulder. He could clearly see the astonishment in our faces because he turned and gave us a puzzled look. "What?" He was acting as though this was completely normal. But I suppose in the Supernatural world, this was normal. I then watched as Dean set off walking down to the basement and Sam disappeared upstairs. I decided just to stay put because neither of the other situations were any safer. Sam was going to kill Lilith and Dean was carrying a man down to the basement against his will.

***

When both boys finally returned, they had a look of disappointment in their faces.

"What happened?" I asked, standing up from the dusty couch. They both turned around to point to two other people coming down the stairs. There was a frightened woman and her child.

"Lilith's gone. She's not in the girl anymore," Dean sighed.

"What now?"

He shook his head and then turned to the woman who was cowering behind him. "Alright, no matter what you hear. You, your husband and your daughter stay in the basement."

She nodded and escorted her daughter down to the basement. Dean remained in the living room with us.

"So if she's not in the girl, where is she?"

"I dunno. But she's gone. It's over."