Chapter 12

It had been months and we were still no closer to finding Lilith. We'd been driving from town to town, killing monsters but we still found that we had no luck in finding the monster who was Lilith. I was sitting in Bobby's battered old armchair, mindlessly flicking through an ancient book, in hopes that I would spot Lilith's name somewhere.  So far, I'd had no luck.

"You okay?" Dean asked as he entered the room and sat down on the couch across from me.

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah. You find anything yet?"

He shook his head, sighing heavily. "No. You?"

"So far, I got nothing."

I hated this. All I wanted to do was help Dean and so far, I was unsuccessful. What if we couldn't find anything about Lilith? What if we never find her? Dean would be lost forever. I was going to lose him forever.

A few hours later...

"Guys! Get in here!" Bobby called from the kitchen.

We all got up and made our way towards the kitchen. Bobby was standing by the table. On the table, there was a map and it was placed underneath a strange contraption. "What's that?"

Bobby appeared to be excited. "I know where Lilith is."

"Seriously?!" Dean said, a surprised look on his face.

He nodded.

"Well let's go get this son of a bitch!"

***

We arrived in New Harmony, Indiana. This was where Bobby tracked her. We didn't even have a proper plan. Dean only had hours left and we couldn't stand around wasting time.

"So where is she?" Dean grunted.

Bobby seemed unsure. "In one of the houses?"

Great. Now we had to waste even more time trying to find her. We began aimlessly wandering around for a while before Dean stopped us as we passed one of the large houses.

"Guys wait. She's in there."

We all ducked behind a bush and watched as Dean pointed to someone inside the house. He was attempting to show us the family inside, all sitting at a dining table.

"It's the little girl," he stated.

I was confused. "Wait. How can you tell?"

"I dunno. It's like I can see her face. It's awful."

"Dean. We can all see her face."

"No. Her real face. Ya know, like her true form or whatever."

"How is that even possible?"

He shook his head. "I dunno. Maybe it's because I'll be dragged to Hell in a few hours."

"Don't talk like that. We're gonna save you."

"Yeah. If we can beat this bitch. We don't even have a plan."

"Yeah well we were running out of time."

Sam then got ready to go. "Well let's go then."

"Wait," Dean suddenly said, holding an arm out in front of Sam.

He seemed puzzled. "For what? For it to go and kill the rest of them?"

He began pointing to various people around the neighbourhood. "Don't you think it's a little strange that the mailman's working at this time of night?"

Sam let out a quiet sigh. "He's a demon."

"Not just him. Everyone on this whole frickin street are demons. I can see their faces."

"Well what do we do now?"