Stars.

**trigger warning~ mentions of self-harm**

Kyla arrived at the ward, almost exactly the same time as yesterday. She wanted to come quite frequently in order to keep the so-called connection between her and Ace.
However it was just strictly working, after all, she had just met him, Kyla didn't believe in love at first sight, and she wanted to keep it that way.

The guard grumbled at the sight of her, probably sick of her already, even though she did only come once.  He led her towards the room Ace was in.

Kyla pushed the hate away and entered Aces room, not the meeting room she was in yesterday.
Her smile faltered as she entered his room, she saw him sprawled on his bed, his arm falling off the edge.
Kyla squinted her eyes almost questioning herself if she saw correctly. On Ace's forearm was six or seven cuts. Clearly fresh as a pool of blood was on the floor.
She protested internally, deciding whether or not to wake him. Soft snores took over Kyla's ears, and she almost felt bad for waking him up.
Almost.
"Ace." She whispered crouching down nearer to his level.
"Ace, wake up. It's me, Kyla." She whispered once again. Ace slurred and moved around, all his weight was put on to his arm. He hissed in pain, shooting up from the bed.
"Ace. You're bleeding, let me fix it." She stated.
"Kyla. You came back?" He asked.
"Yes. Now give me your hand."
"Bit forward don't you think?" He questioned, playfulness laced in his words.
"Ace, you're bleeding. Let me fix it then we will talk." He nodded deciding not to say anything.

She was clearly mad, and Ace couldn't help but think it was all his fault.
They sat in silence as she cleaned his arm and bandaged it up.
"Are angry at me?" He asked her like a little child.
"No." She responded simply.
"Yes, you are." He pressed.
"No, I'm not. I was just scared." She breathed out.
"Why?" He asked again caressing his bandaged arm. Kyla sighed and sat next to Ace on the bed.
The pain was evident in her eyes, and aces heart clenched at the thought of it.
"Take it from my point of view ace. Seeing someone you care about lying on the bed, blood dripping down their arms. Unsure if they are dead or alive. Praying and pleading that they are alive. And if they're not." She trailed off, a lonely tear trickled down her tinted cheeks, flushed with anger and embarrassment.

Ace watched as she broke down before his very eyes. He was unsure of what to do. He leant into her and brought his hand towards her head. He pulled it to his chest and she sobbed loudly into his shirt.

Ace sat there in silence as she cried, soon enough he too cried only softly so she wouldn't hear him.
Her cries gradually hushed and she pulled away wiping any stray tears.
"I'm sorry for crying. That was unprofessional." She said unsure of what to say. She blew away a few loose strands of her hair.
"It's ok." He whispered softly, wiping away his own tears.
Tension grew in the air. It was so thick even the sharpest knife couldn't cut it.
"Why did you do it?" She finally said.
It was silent for a few minutes, Ace was contemplating whether or not to tell her.

Tell her Ace.
Tell her you're hearing voices, she'll surely leave you.
If you tell her she'll leave.
Do you want her to leave?
I think you'll be doing her a favour.
Why would she want a monster like you?
Monster.

The voices taunted him, laughter echoed through his innocent mind and continued doing so.
Ace shook his head and looked towards Kyla.
God he thought.
She's beautiful.
Is it possible to fall in love with someone so quickly?
Love doesn't exist.
Not for you anyway.

"I don't know." He quickly responded before the voices came back.
"You don't know?" She repeated.
"Yes. I don't know." She nodded in response clearly knowing she would get nowhere with him.

"You didn't answer my question yesterday."
"What one? You asked me so many. I can't remember."He teased, finally becoming comfortable with her.
"You know. Then one where I asked you what was something you hadn't done before?"
The scene replayed in his head.

"What's something you haven't done before? Or seen before?"

A smiled took form on his face.
"Stars." He mumbled.