My sunshine.

Kyla arrived the next day with another smile on her face. However immediately on entering she knew something was wrong, whispers and murmurs were all that Kyla could hear.
She wondered what was wrong. But then realised what happened as soon as she walked into Aces room.

A crowd of workers were surrounding Ace, his screams echoing through the room.
Ace was sitting down on a chair his arms behind his back, clearly restrained.

"What's going on?" She asked shock evident in her voice.
"Ace is going through an episode. But don't worry I'll help." Angie winked at Kyla and made her way towards Ace who was still screaming.
"Ace just breathe."
"You don't think I'm trying!" He shouted back.
He rocked himself, his head in between his knees.

"I can't do this anymore." Pain was evident in every word he said. His voice sounded strained and tired like he wanted to give but he could not because something was stopping him from doing so.
"Kyla. Get me, Kyla." He begged. His chest rose rapidly and his breathing began to quicken.

Sweat trickled down his face and his palms were bleeding from the number of times he clenched his fists.

"Kyla. You don't need her. I'm here." If Ace had the energy he would have laughed at Angie and scolded her for flirting with him.

It was true that he did have a crush on her when he arrived at the place he now calls 'home'. Although it wasn't exactly his fault. He had come here when he was 16 and wasn't exactly a very social person. Ace was an observational person, he watched Angie for weeks trying to figure out why she was so nice to him. Then it finally clicked. It was because it was her job.

Needless to say, he liked her because she liked him. His crush faltered when he had found out that Angie had a fiancée. By the time his heartbreak had settled down, Angie called off the engagement and fell in 'love' with Ace. Ace, however, took it more as a joke, he thought that he was just 'second-best' or a 'rebound' and thought nothing of it.

"Kyla. I need Kyla." Ace could taste metal in his mouth.
Kyla left you.
She hates you.
She doesn't want to hang out with a sicko like you.
You're a psycho.
Insane.
She left you.
She doesn't love you.
Love for you doesn't exist.
You're worthless ace.
Worthless.

"You don't need Kyla I a-"
"Don't say that!" He yelled angrily.
Kyla let out a quiet yelp. She was petrified of the way ace sounded, she had never seen him this angry before. Then again they had known each other for a month.

Ace looked up, his face stained with blood sweat and tears.
"K-Kyla?" He questioned in a hushed tone if the room wasn't so quiet Kyla could have missed it.
"I'm here." She gulped the bile in the back of her throat.
She walked closer to Ace, kneeling down next to his figure.
"I'm here." She said again, he leant closer to her and she engulfed him into a hug.
His sobs quietened down as her fingers ran through this brown curly locks.
"Ace." She whispered quietly trying not to provoke him.
"Kyla." He sat up, wiping his face with his bloody hands.
"Let me help you." She was referring to his hands. He gulped slowly and before nodding his head.
"Can you please get some bandag..." Kyla trailed off looking over her shoulder. The staff that worked there, stood their mouths gaping in awe.
Kyla shook out of her thoughts and asked again for medical supplies.
They all scurried off in different directions, footsteps echoing in the distance.
"Ace." Ace looked up, staring at Kyla.
She looked beautiful. He gazed at her admiring every feature of her.

From her scar across her eyebrow to her little gap in between her teeth. Her smile was still the most gorgeous thing he had ever seen. Every time she smiled it made his day so much brighter, full of hope.
The pair sat on the floor of Aces room, Kyla's small hand cradling Aces head gently in her lap.
"Yes?"
"I need to bandage your hands."
Ace nodded and complied immediately. He sat on the bed legs crossed and put his hands out towards her.
Kyla looked confused but carried on, not wanting his wounds to become infected.
She wrapped the bandages around his palms careful not to cause him any pain. She felt terrible and guilty as it was her fault. Her eyes began to water at the thought of seeing him like that.
"What's wrong Kyla?"
"I'm sorry Ace. This was all my fault." She croaked trying to swallow the bile built in the back of her throat and attempting to prevent the tears from spilling.
"It's not your fault Kyla."
"I'm sorry I don't usually cry."
"Crying is how your heart speaks when your lips don't want to." With that sentence said Kyla cried into Aces shirt. He hugged her tightly and rubbed her back soothing her. Eventually, her sobs quietened down and finished.

"You feel better?" She nodded and continued to wrap his hands.
Ace chuckled slightly causing Kyla to scrunch up her brows.
"Why are you laughing?"
"You just cried your heart out and then continued as nothing happened."
"Because nothing happened."
"So you didn't soak my shirt with snot and tears."
"Nope. Must be someone else. Also sorry." She apologised quietly so he didn't hear. However, by the laugh, he released she had realised he did hear.
"It's okay to cry if it makes you feel better I cry all the time." His sentence died down, noticing how it did not make her feel better.
"Didn't make you feel better?"
"What do you think?"
"Wow. Don't get all sarcastic on me sunshine."
"Sunshine?"
"Yes. Because every time I look at you, my day brightens. Becomes better."
"Sunshine."
"My sunshine."