Ace? Why are you here?

"I'm sorry Kyla but your project was due last week."
"But if you could just give me an extension-"
"I apologise but there is simply no way. I've given you four weeks extra. And in that time you have given me nothing. So I'm sorry to say but you have failed this project."
"But Professor if you would just-"
"Kyla. I can't, it would be unfair on the other students."

She said nothing and nodded, understanding that It was indeed unfair for everyone. She left the room, her head hanging in shame. This was her favourite subject and she failed it.
Although it was understandable since she did not answer the questions assigned and made the project up.

She sighed heavily and left campus, making her way towards the empty bus station. She was going to visit Ace one last time.

One last time.
This was the same sentence she had repeated over and over again every time she visited.
This is the last time.
But she couldn't just stop visiting him. She had seen what happened after she had left him alone. She felt terrible and guilty that she had caused such pain towards him.

Kyla's heels clicked against the floors of the corridors. She was eager to see Ace again.
When she arrived at Aces room, she smiled but the good mood had faltered.

The desk in the middle of the room was clean. The spilt pens and papers on the floor were gone.
And his bed was made.
Ace never made his bed. He thought there was no point in doing so as he would just mess it up later.
Every inch of the room looked like someone hadn't even stepped into the room. It was spotless.
"He's gone." A voice startled Kyla. She turned around and was greeted by a cold aura.
"Angie. What do you mean gone?"
"Gone as in he's left for good. He was released a few hours ago."
Kyla's heart had dropped. He didn't even say goodbye. She didn't even get to say goodbye.
"I want to say sorry." Angie had said after a long while of silence.
"What for?"
"For being rude to you. I had no right too. I thought you were like the others. Just using him. But you're different. I can see from the way he looks at you. Like you're his whole world. His whole life. And if something happened to you he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. He loves you. And I know you love home. Even though you just met. You two are the true definition of 'love at first sight'"

"I uh don't know what to say." It was true. Kyla was lost for word. Angie has just read Kyla like an open book, spilling every last detail about the way she felt about Ace.

"Don't say anything then. You don't need to apologise. It was my fault for coming off so strong."
"Ok thank you and I accept your apology."
Angie nodded and proceeded to carry on with what she was doing. 
"Uh. Angie. Can you tell me where Ace is?"
"I'm sorry I can't. It's against the rules." Kyla nodded understanding that it was a breach of privacy. Although the ward did, however, give files about Aces past without his permission but she decided not to dwell on it.

Kyla walked down the road and made her way to her University. She decided to walk as she was in no rush and it was a beautiful day.
Which was unusual at this time of year.

She arrived at her university, dread in every step she took towards her classroom. She was to transfer out of the class as she had failed the project. She could have stayed in the class and attempted to gain extra credit. But the project was to be redone all over again with another patient.

Kyla decided it was best too move on and try something else. She was only 18. She had more than enough time to focus on her career.
Right now her main focus was to find out a way on how to face her Professor and classmates.

Kyla didn't like many of her classmates as the judged her as soon as she entered the room. They were different "social classes" so they tend not the talk to Kyla as they thought it would lower down their status.
Kyla didn't think much of it, however, as she was only at the university on a scholarship and didn't want any distractions.

At the start of high school, Kyla and her parents knew that they could not afford the tuitions for her university. So Kyla had made it her goal to work hard and get a scholarship.

And she did exactly that. But she had to make a few sacrifices.
Kyla was more artistic and creative. She enjoyed music, dance and art. She played the piano but had to drop out due to her having no time for it, along with dance and art.
Kyla didn't mind though. She knew if she wanted to make it, and have a good future she had to make sacrifices. Even if the hurt her on an emotional level. 

After a moment of thinking about how to enter the room, she decided to Knock and walk in the room.

"Sorry Professor I left my books in the-" Kyla didn't manage to get any words out her mind was focused on the boy in front of her.
Ace.
What was he doing here?
To see you of course.
Why?
Because he loves you?
Maybe.
"Ace? Why are you here?"