The start of something new

This is Lucas y'all, he's 17 but he's turning 18 December 9 2021

This is Lucas y'all, he's 17 but he's turning 18 December 9 2021. The date of the book is September  20, 2021.
He is slightly taller than Mackie who is 5"5.
————————————————————————September 20, 2021

The boys get out of the car as they look around at their new home and were speechless.

"All the participants' houses are all nearby, we were all placed near each other." Lucas informs them.

"Ah okay, so our neighbours are other participants.." Mackie says,

"That is what I said." Lucas says sarcastically.

Keifer felt the tension again between the two which made him and Francis uncomfortable. Francis and Keifer looked at each other awkwardly.

"So.." Keifer started trying to lessen the intensity between the two, "where do you live, Lucas?" He asks, looking at the boy smiling.

"3 houses down from yours, if you need anything I can help." Lucas offers.

"Ah, okay. Thank you." Keifer replied, he was really confused about his impression of Lucas, he's rude but nice.. At least he is to him.

What was that about? Mackie thought, why was he rude to him but nice to Keifer? Mackie does not like him AT ALL. Mackie was staring at Lucas, Lucas noticed and glared back at Mackie. Mackie glared back at him which brought the intensity back into the atmosphere.

"Uh- um-ah How about the coaches and managers? Do they live here too?" Francis asked frantically, to try to diminish the intensity.

Lucas shifted his glare from Mackie and looked down on Francis, making him hide behind Keifer. Keifer looks behind him to Francis and smiles to comfort him, Keifer then looks back at Lucas with glare. Lucas' face softens and looks forward away from Keifer. He pointed at the opposite direction from the contestants' houses.

"Their houses are at the opposite side from ours but farther away from our houses to have more privacy for us, also they have their own entrance down there to come in and out for their privacy as well." He elaborated.

"Umh what's the rest of the buildings?" Keifer questioned.

"That one in the center," Lucas points at a big building in between our houses and some building where the coaches' houses are, "is the main building, that's where rehearsals are usually held, coaching, meetings, all that stuff." He said.

"The buildings over there on the other side of the main building are the recreational centre, there's a swimming pool, gym, sport stuff," he explained, "beside the Rec centre there is the lounge area, small building but that's where people want to hang around together and stuff, there's karaoke, card games and stuff" he continued, "and that last building, is still being built so we were told not to go near it."

"The field in front of the main Building can be used for anything but there shouldn't be any garbage, we're responsible for maintaining it." The boys look over to the field area in-front of the main building, "It looks huge, looks like those football fields except it has a fountain in the middle.." mackie reacts, "because IT is a football field." Lucas says as he rolls his eyes.

"What's your proble-," mackie replies as he steps forward to Lucas, "mack. Don't worry about it." Keifer says cutting him off as he grabs his arm. "It's okay, let's just go see the house and unpack.." Keifer suggests as he smiles.

"Fine." Mackie replies as he turns around and walks to the house with Francis following him.

"See you later, thanks." Keifer says as he turns around.

"No problem, see you." Lucas replies, "by the way, remember-," Lucas starts, this catches Keifer's attention because he didn't want to be rude and walk away he faces Lucas and waits for what he had to say.

"Your concert, 2 years ago.. we-," he says urgently, "let's go Keifer." Mackie disrupts.

Mackie pulls Keifer away towards the house but Lucas wasn't allowing it, Lucas grabs Keifer's arm.

"Argh!" Keifer shouts.

"Keif!" Francis shouts running over to him, Keifer was let go of both the boys and was hugging his arm on the ground.

"Are you okay Keif?" Mackie asks panicking, Lucas is about to lean down to Keifer, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Mackie shouts glaring at Lucas standing in front of Keifer, "I WAS TALKING TO HIM!" Lucas shouts back.

"THAT DOES NOT-," Mackie scream louder, scaring Francis, Keifer was also surprised at how loud Mackie screamed that it made him flinch, "mackie. It's okay, I'm okay. Let's go inside." Keifer says as he grabs Mackie's hand and stands up.

"Let's go na kasi" Francis whispers,
"France, no Tagalog remember?" Keifer lectures.

Mackie was hesitant but he listened to Keifer as did Francis, Francis walked away first, then Mackie making sure Keifer didn't let go of his hand.

"Wait!" Lucas protested. Keifer flinched at Lucas and accidentally let go of Mackie's hand but Mackie caught Keifer's hand and held it.

"Sorry, we're tired. Thanks again." Keifer says politely.

The three walked off to their new house leaving Lucas outside.

"Trouble in paradise,already?" Someone said catching Lucas' attention.

————-

This is their house y'all,