Our Intervention

Narrator's POV

"No." Keifer and Mackie say together.

Keifer and Mackie look at each other because of the coincidence and looked away again,

Francis raises an eyebrow,

"We're not 12,13 and 14 anymore, our problems won't be solved by locking ourselves in a room and talking it out." Keifer says, tying his hair back.

"If anything, it might make it worse." Mackie adds, shaking his head.

"Well, then give me a better option." Francis suggests.

"Leave it be." Keifer says.

"I can't! This is the worse situation we'd had! You guys can't even look at each other!" Francis yells.

"Much less talk to each other, so this isn't a good idea!" Mackie yells back.

"You guys started this. I'm trying to help!" Francis yells.

"You're being a nuisance." Keifer tells him bluntly.

Francis looks hurts by what he says, but he doesn't let him faze him.

"Sorry.." keifer says.

He shakes it off, and looks at both of them sternly.

"You guys are doing this, whether you like it or not, I'm not going to deal with your shits any longer. If you guys don't do this... I'm done." Francis says.

Mackie and Keifer soften their faces at the mention of Francis being 'finished' with them.

"Fine." Keifer says.

"Okay." Mackie agrees.

Francis smiles at their agreement, "Okay,"

"So first... what's the problem here?, we all remember how we do this? Each person gives one answer. I'll start." Francis says and nods.

"You both have been so distant.. and you have changed, for the worse not the better. You," Francis says pointing at Mackie, "you're a jerk! First you lock yourself in a room and forget to take care of yourself, You lie and lie about your feelings, the Mackie I knew was straightforward.." Francis looks at Mackie, Mackie just looks away.

"And you!" Francis says turning to Keifer, "you got drunk? You called me a nuisance? The Keifer I knew WOULD NEVER EVER do those things! You're a total jerk!" Francis says,

"You guys are a MESS" Francis yells.

Francis calms down and sighs, "Okay, go Mackie."

Mackie sighs and complies, "I've been trying to shut my feelings down for you.." mackie starts, looking at Keifer, "the only way I knew how was to not give a damn.. I was so hurt when you didn't believe me that I'm scared of it happening again. Call me a coward but I'm scared of losing you to somebody else, like Kim or even Lucas. I'm just scared of loving you so much.. it hurts.. but it hurt that I was trying to push my feelings down, and while doing that.. I stopped being an older brother to you," he says, looking at Francis.

Mackie sighs and Francis nods,

"Keifer?" Francis says,

Keifer sighs in frustration,

"I.. I was hurting. Because of all of you, the only escape someone gave me was to drink it away. It didn't work but I forgot about it for a bit. With what has been happening with Mackie, with the disappointment Francis had for me, the dishonesty of Kim and Selina, it was all too much. Out of all the people, Lucas offered me that escape. As much as I hate him, despise him, he was the only one I could turn to. What does that say about my friends?"  Keifer says, his eyes traveling from his bed to Francis, then Mackie.

"You drank with Lucas?" Mackie asks disgustedly.

"Tell me. What was I suppose to do? You guys made me feel so alone. You were scared Mackie? I tried my best to cover for you, lied to everyone despite the not knowing the truth. I tried my best, when I finally had concrete proof, you pushed me away.. literally." Keifer says, looking at Mackie.

"But Keifer..I was here.. I've always been here." Francis says confused, shaking his head in disagreement.

"Were you? You really showed it with the whole speech of me changing, of how I hurt mackie.. gosh.. I know I hurt him! I knew that better than anyone. It hurt me inside but I found it necessary to do. For him. I did it for him, I knew I hurt him but I didn't mind being the bad guy, if it meant he wasn't going to be blamed. It hurt knowing my best friend didn't believe in me, either." Keifer says, piercing his eyes on Francis.

"But I was-," Francis began.

"What? You were what? You were there for me? No, Francis.. you were there for Mackie. But you weren't there for me.. even if you tried to persuade Mackie into forgiving me.. that was you advising Mackie, you told me it was my fault.. you told me I hurt him.. you sprinkled salt on my already massive wound.." keifer says, laughing sarcastically, hiding his tears.

"You were suppose to be my friend too..." keifer says, wiping a tear that slipped out.

There was a moment of silence, then Mackie spoke.

"Why couldn't you just forget about Kim? Why did you keep visiting her?" Mackie asks,

"Because despite what you guys thought of her, she was the only support system I had, with me liking you, with the pressure of not disappointing my parents... she was there.. she was my friend." Keifer says aggravatingly.

"But she lied to my face. Over and over again." Keifer shakes his head in distress.

Tear drops emerging from his eyes.

"Why didn't you just tell us before we came here, so you didn't need to depend on her?" Francis asks.

"I was scared. To ruin the friendship we had, now that you know, look at us! We're ruined." Keifer says.

"Like you said.. we're messed up." Keifer continued.

"I was fighting and fighting, for me, for you" he points at Mackie, "for all of us.. that I fell.. I was waiting for you both, or at least one of you to pick me up.. but you didn't.. you just pushed me down further." Keifer says, sniffling.

"So don't blame me for changing. If I changed its only because you two, changed first." Keifer says disdainfully.

He wipes his tears,

"Keifer-...." Francis says, about to reach for him.

"This is stupid." Keifer says, getting up from the bed.

"Keifer!" Francis shouts.

"I'm done." Keifer says with his back turned at both of them,

He walked forward, unlocked the door and leaves.

Francis was in panic,

"What... what do we do?? What do we do??" Francis asks frantically.

"I don't know." Mackie says, shocked by the recent events.

———————————-
Hey guys! I'll prolly update a short chapter tmrw, I'm not sure yet.

Butttttttt

Yup yup yup.

-
Love y'all

See y'all

❤️