Chapter 11: Hope because of Love

Niphredil calmed down after a long time. She raised her head and saw Gimli had sit next to her, watching her with his worried eyes. He patted her back gently. "I'm sorry for your uncle, lassie, but I'm sure he doesn't want you to mourn like this. You need to rest. You are pale." He said.

Niphredil turned to Haldir's body. She kissed his forehead. "we will see each other again, uncle, and that day will be a day that we will not be worried about anything." She whispered. Gimli helped her to stand on her feet and together they pulled a blanket on Haldir's body.

Gimli then helped her to leave the room. They walked outside into a yard and then Niphredil heard Legolas' voice. She went to the direction of his voice. "I don't want to force you to take the way which may lead you to death, but I love Middle Earth so much just like you. The lands that we have fought for a lot. The lands which we took the Mandos curse for."

Niphredil and Gimli reached the place where Legolas was speaking and stood in a corner. Elves had been lined in front of a platform. Legolas had stood on top of the platform with Gandalf behind him. "if Sauron wins this war, soon his wings will bring him to Valinor and more of us will die. I know all of you want to defeat him as much as I want, so I say this: I will send my words to Cirdan from the gray havens. I will tell him to build more ships as fast as he can. I want you to take my words to your homelands and tell them my command. Those who don't want to stay or fight can leave these lands soon, but for those who want to stay and fight, I want them to unite together and attack the enemy from the North. I've heard about a great force coming from North from Gundabad. I want the Elves to fight with this force and don't let them join the army of Mordor. So Gondor will be safe from the north." Said Legolas and the Elves bowed their heads. Legolas looked at their faces.
"I know you are in grief for the loss of your friends and dear ones. I know some of you have lost your hope. Maybe we are not strong like our kin, those who defeat Melkor the Valar, but if we stand together we will be strong like them, we can defeat the darkness once more with the power of our alliance. We will defeat Sauron and see the fall of the Dark Tower and beginning of the days which sun lights brighter." He said firmly. Niphredil saw the demeanor of the old kings on his features. great power and might that they had possessed.

All of the elves slammed their bows on the ground with new hope. "Hail king Legolas!" they said in union and bowed their heads. Niphredil did the same. She was happy that Legolas has accepted his title and was guiding his people.

Gandalf came and stood next to Legolas. "You must go back to your homelands as fast as you can after the funeral and tell your king's command to your people." He told the Elves. They bowed and began to leave in order.

Legolas saw Niphredil and immediately his eyes softened. He walked to her and took her hands. "Niphredil!" he called her.

"good speech, my king." Said Niphredil. "I told you once that we will need our king to guide us one more time."

"I wish to be a good king and not lead my people to death. Am I doing the right thing to encourage them to fight?" He said quietly.

"you won't lead them to death." said Niphredil.

"They trusted their king and their king is guiding them right." Said Gandalf from behind them.

Legolas nodded and turned to Niphredil again. "how are you?" he asked worriedly.

"trying to be fine. What will happen to my uncle's body?" asked Niphredil.

"he will be buried with the other dead Elves and men in an honorable way. The funeral will be in the afternoon. It's better you rest a while." Answered Gandalf. Niphredil nodded. "come, Let's find Lady Eowyn. she can help you." Said Gimli.