Chapter 25

Brynjolf was overseeing some thieves training, but not really paying attention. His thoughts were set on Artis as he daydreamed about her. He recalled every moment they shared in the little time they knew each other, even the times when they had to share a bed. There were so many things he wanted to find out about her still, like how she became a thief, what was her first successful pickpocket, had she ever been caught yet? He was absolutely smitten over this lass and his thoughts so distracted by her that he hasn't noticed that the thieves were done training and that he was the only on left in the training room. Bryn scolded himself for getting so lost and marched his way to the Flagon to see if Delvin didn't have any fishing jobs for him. He really hoped the lass was safe and doing fine on her quest. He had no doubt that she would kick ass, but it still made him worry that he wasn't there to keep an eye on her.

"Bryn!" he was greeted by Vekel when he arrived at the bar, "We all were wondering when you'd join us."

"Especially when Rune told us you were deep in thought all by yourself in the training room again." Tonilia joked from her usual corner.

"I bet a 100 septims he was thinking about Artis." Delvin spoke from his table.

"Oh, stop betting on everything and everyone!" Vex scolded, "No wonder we're broke. It's because you have all our money."

Delvin held up his hands in defense and sent her a wink, "Now don't blame me for always betting on the winning cause, love. Ain't my fault I'm born with an extra sense."

Brynjolf ignored their ranting and leaned against the bar, sipping slowly on a bottle of mead as he thought about how the lass would response if he would accidently kiss her. By the Eight, how he wondered how he would response if he got a taste of her lips for the first time. The other thieves eyed him closely, noticing his mouth corners twitch up every now and then. He didn't even notice them staring.

"Aaand he's gone." Rune smirked, "Again."

"Might as well send him on a job to steal an amulet of Mara, Del." Vex added with amusement in her eyes, "Our boy won't be single much longer by the looks of it."

"Only if he'll just man up already and tell her how he feels." Delvin huffed and chucked a grilled leek at the redhead, snapping him out of his thoughts, "Did you hear what I said?"

"What?" Brynjolf frowned, "No, not at all. Was it important?"

"I said, you need to man up and tell her how you feel!" Delvin spoke louder, as if Bryn was deaf.

"Who?"

Every person in the Flagon rolled their eyes and Delvin hung his head in despair, "Mara help me... Artis, of course! Who else would have you smiling like a damn fool?!"

Brynjolf's eye grew a bit but he held his pose, "Oh, the lass? What gives you the idea I fancy her?"

Delvin looked at Vex in disbelief, "Does he expect me to answer that? Vex, love, please help me out here."

Vex rolled her eyes at his pet name for her and crossed her arms, "Listen, Brynjolf, we all saw the way you act when she's near. You turn into a complete idiot and act like a fool. Don't even get me started about all you talk about is her. We saw it coming the day you introduced her to us here in the Flagon. Honestly, we were serious when we told you to go steal a damn amulet of Mara. You like her and more than just a fellow thief."

"You and Etienne basically fought over her." Rune added, "Now that, my friend, says a lot."

Bryn awkwardly sipped on his mead, thinking about how he should respond to what they said. Eyeing Vekel from out the corner of his eye, he saw that the barman also sided with the others and wore a smug grin.