↠Losing The Living - 022

"I wasn't born to be soft and quiet, I was born to make the world shatter and shake beneath my fingertips

"I wasn't born to be soft and quiet, I was born to make the world shatter and shake beneath my fingertips."

– LOSING  THE  LIVING –

They say that the loses you face every day are the things that make you human. Sage would disagree. She would argue valiantly that when you lose too much you stop feeling the pain the same way, dehumanizing you in the worst way possible. Battle wounds turn into battle scars. Jasper now had physical scars on his body from the torture he faced from the war his older sister started.

When the news spread over the castle that the Slytherin boy was in Hospital facing death, there was silence and a chilling atmosphere. Students from the house cried for their friends, some said the Royal's had it coming, and some sat in horror thinking about the fact that it was their parents who hurt their friend. Sage was the one who made the announcement two weeks later the Prince Jasper of Wales would recover but suffered terrible scars from the attack.

But the students thought his return would be soon. But October passed, and then November, and without realizing it December had come upon them. The heavy snowfall of the unforgiving winter month left the castle dark and gloomy. The tension that had been growing between the houses was now no longer just an understanding. It became a feeling. At Lunch and Dinner, you could feel the hatred in the room, and it was like War had come into the castle and it was no longer their parent's fighting it.

But even with all the bad things happening, Sage laid on the commons room couch with her head on her boyfriend's lap. It was midnight, and the two both had trouble sleeping and found each other walking to the fireplace. Sirius had his hand on Sage's head, stroking her hair gently. "What is keeping you up, Princess?" Sirius asked her. "Jasper is returning tomorrow. I just know it's not going to end well either. A good 2/3's of his housemates hate him." Sage moved her body to look up at. "Princess, you know we will look after him. I'm sure James won't let him out of sight after what happened," Sirius comforted her with a soft smile. "I know..." Sage sat up and looked at Sirius, "I don't want you to be mad at me-" "Love, that is a bloody awful way to start a sentence." Sirius cut her off with a look on his face.

Sage sighed and turned away from her boyfriend. "I'm going to talk to your brother." Sage looked back towards him and he was just staring at her. "Excuse me?" He questioned her with a look of pure disbelief. "I know it sounds like a terrible idea-" Sirius cut her off again, "Terrible idea? Sage, what the hell are you thinking? My brother follows my parents ideas like a devote catholic! He will crush you!" Sirius stood up and yelled at her. "Don't yell, people are sleeping!" Sage hissed at him. "What makes you want to talk to him?! Sage, there is nothing you can get out of a conversation with my brother!"

"I know it sounds idiotic, but if Jasper has someone looking out for him, someone like Regulus Black, those other Pure Blooded assholes will back off of him!" Sage stood up to meet Sirius's eyes. "You can't even deny it that the second we leave him alone in that house he will be attacked by the students who believed he had what was coming to him." Sage put her hand Sirius face and smiled at him gently. "I'm a big girl Sirius, I can handle myself. Plus, I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." Sage removed her hands and crossed her arms over her chest.

Sirius had curiosity clear in his eyes. "An offer? What's the offer?" He took a step towards her. Sage smirked victoriously. "Well, if he takes it, you'll find out in time." Sirius was ready to press for more answers when Sage quickly kissed his cheek and pulled him in for a hug. "It's all political business, my love, you wouldn't understand,"

ㅡㅡㅡ

Sage and Eden stood in the Headmasters office waiting for the arrival of their brother. Eden was bouncing on the heels of her feet as she was waiting. The sisters were both anxious to see their brother. With a loud crackling sound, Headmaster Dumbledore came into view, with someone standing behind him. "Jasper?!" Sage called out to her brother with a smile of pure joy. The blonde haired boy came into sight and grinned cheerfully at his family. The boy made his way to the stairs and his sisters met him at the bottom.

Sage pulled him in for hug. She held him close and long. "My brave little brother, I can't bloody believe you're back." Sage pulled away and praised him. As Eden greeted her brother Sage stared at his face. He had three scars. One rather large one on his cheek, one small one on his eyebrow, and one on his upper lip. But they didn't seem to bother him. "How are you feeling? Are you nervous?" Sage questioned her little brother. Jasper nodded and said, "I just want to get adjusted again, maybe make some new friends while I'm at it." Sage chuckled at him, but his words made her remember her talk with Regulus Black this morning.

"So, will you do it?" Sage asked the boy one year her junior. He was staring down a through the window of the astronomy towner. "You promise, swear on your life, you can do what you say?" Regulus questioned her with desperation. "Of course I can, only a small bit of it is magic, the rest of it is connections and power," Sage answered him confidently. "Then yes," Regulus sighed and faces her, "I'll do it."

"Hello, earth to Sage." Eden waves her hand in front of her sisters face. "Yes?" Sage looked at her siblings confused. "We asked if you are ready to go, it's time for dinner, and I am famished," Jasper told her. The oldest sibling grinned and nodded. "Let's do this."

ㅡㅡㅡ

The siblings walked into the Grand Hall with smiles gracing their faces. It was happiest they had all looked in months. Students cheered for Jaspers safe return and good recovery. Some of his housemates cheered and waved at him. But, before he could make his way to them, the Marauders approached the boy and each one hugged him. James held him for the longest and hit his back. "Welcome, Princey," Sirius welcomed Jasper. "Thank you, Sirius. I trust you've been taking good care of my sister while I was gone?" He asked with a smirk. "I took excellent care of her, don't you worry,"

Remus started a conversation with Jasper as Sirius came closer to Sage. "Is everything right in your world again, Princess?" He tilted his head at her.

"In this moment... without a doubt."

ㅡㅡㅡ
A/N; I published a new Marauders Era story, it's titled Heart Attack and is a Remus story, I would really appreciate it if you guys would go and check it out! Thank you for all the support <3