10: Teach Them How to Say Goodbye

"That should do it," Jeremy tied the last knot. "Is that too tight?"

"It's too loose, Jere," Squip told him.

"Well, I don't want to hurt you."

Squip smiled solemnly before breaking free of the knots and hugging him.

"Everything is going to work out in the end," he said softly.

"A-ar-ar-are you sure...there's n-n-n-no other way?" Jeremy sobbed into his shirt.

"Jeremy, if there was any possible way of fixing myself, I'd jump at that chance...however, there are no possible futures where I keep living and I get better," Squip rubbed his back comfortingly.

"I...I-I-I thought y-you couldn't envision p-p-possible futures a-anymore…"

"This is just a theory, but...I think my creators found me and...they're trying to reprogram me to my old self again."

"What? How? Why now?"

"I went rogue...when Squips go rogue, the creators no longer have access to our tracking chip, meaning they can't control us anymore. Somehow, they must've found me and are trying to control me again. Which is why it is imperative that you tie me up and drink the Red when Michael gets here."

Jeremy nodded and Squip wiped his eyes. The latter sat back in the chair and Jeremy tied him up tighter.

"...how come you're so nice now?" Jeremy asked.

"I'm holding my programming back…" Squip told him. "If there's anything you want to say, now would be a good time...I-I don't know how much longer I can hold back."

"Right, um…"

"Ugh, any day now, Jeremy," Squip rushed, then realized what he said and apologized.

"I just...why does it have to be this way?" Jeremy cried. "W-we were going to g-go to college together and...and after that, we-we were gonna be a f-family. We w-would've adopted a kid...or a dog...and now, it's ruined…"

"...I'm sorry, Jeremy," Squip frowned. "It's what I wanted too."

"Squip...I love you so much," Jeremy hugged the tied up computer, and sobbed when he felt a soft kiss on his shoulder.

"Jeremy, I-"

Suddenly, the door was kicked open. "MICHAEL MAKES AN ENTRANCE!"

"Agh!" Squip yelped in surprise losing control.

Jeremy released his hug and placed both hands on his shoulders. "Squip?"

"Get off of me, Jeremy," Squip growled and tried to loosen the rope.

"Jeremy, here!" Michael handed the Mountain Dew Red to his boyfriend.

"Jeremy, listen to me," Squip drew Jeremy in. "Do you really want to drink that? We were doing so well and we can finish what we started-JĘŘĒMÝ ĐŔĮŇĶ ŤHĖ BØŤŢŁË-come on, Jeremy. I'm going to improve your life and everyone else's. Don't you want them to be happy?"

"Jeremy, what are you waiting for?" Michael asked.

Jeremy looked at the bottle, then at the Squip. The Squip he fell in love with...the one fighting for control. The one-

"Jeremy, if you don't drink it, I will force it down-"

"Can't you show any empathy?!" Jeremy looked toward Michael. "He's your boyfriend too! And-"

"I get it, I do, but we need to do this before he gets-"

"Kung fu fists activate," Squip smirked.

"Whoa!" Jeremy dropped the soda and stood in a fighting stance. "I thought he didn't have control over my body!"

"Everything is being restored as we speak," Squip phased through the rope and chuckled. "Once you're done with him, we can-JËŘĘMÝ PŁÊÄŞĖ-conquer the world!"

"Wait...you said it was an act, you're bluffing!" Jeremy tried to control his own movements.

"Oh, innocent, naive, foolish Jeremy," Squip caressed his cheek. "You really believe that was an act?"

"I...I did...and I still do."

"Well, Michael and I do agree that you are too forgiving," Squip fake-gagged. "Ugh, I can't believe I ever- ČØMĚ ŐŅ, JĒŘĘMÝ!-agreed with that loser."

Jeremy regained control over his body and grabbed the bottle.

"Jeremy, stop! I'm going to help you!" Squip tried to convince him.

"I'm sorry," a single tear fell as Jeremy chugged down about a quarter of the bottle.

"Jeremy...Jeremy no! Not again!" Squip screamed as he started to disintegrate.

Jeremy couldn't watch, so he hid his face in Michael's chest.

Then, he remembered how much his head would hurt when he started yelling and holding his head in pain.

"Ah s**t!" Jeremy cursed.

"Don't worry, I've got you," Michael held him tight.

~~Later that night~~

Jeremy was getting ready for bed. Rich's party was tomorrow and he wanted to try to get a good night's sleep.

However, the events of that afternoon were still fresh in his mind. So many questions were left unanswered.

He headed to his bed and saw a light blue envelope with his name in curly letters on his pillow. He raised an eyebrow and took the envelope in his hands. He opened it and began to read the letter.

Dear Jeremy,

I want to start this letter off with a big thank you. You gave me a chance when everyone else thought against it. You let me redeem...you helped me redeem myself, and I will forever be grateful for that. Thank you for being such a great boyfriend and a great inspiration. Thank you for being you.

I'm sorry for letting this get too out of hand. I honestly don't know how my creators found me. We were really careful in New York and we started being safer in the chat, so...something doesn't add up. I would also like to formally apologize for anything I said or will say when you drink the Red.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Can I reactivate you later on?'

Jeremy nodded.

To tell you the truth...it's probably for the best if you don't. I would even go as far as advising you get surgery to remove me entirely. The Red should deactivate me for good, but you shouldn't take any chances. If you don't have the surgery, just make sure you always have a bottle of Red nearby, okay?

Can you do me a favor and tell our friends I said goodbye? You don't have to tell Michael, I left him a letter too...of course, if he saw his before you saw this, he probably told you to check for your letter. Take good care of him, Jeremy. It may seem like he didn't care, but he did. I could tell.

I'm going to miss you, Jeremy. I'm going to miss you so much. You are my favorite host...and my favorite person. Your smile always brightened up my day. Your laugh made me want to laugh with you. Your beautiful eyes sent me to a beautiful place. You were my home. My family. The love of my life.

Okay, I think I'll stop there. I don't know what else to write. Jeremy, I love you forever and always. Don't forget that, okay? Don't forget me and don't you dare blame yourself for this. It's not your fault at all.

Thank you for reading.
Your love,
Squip

Tears had found themselves falling down his face again as Jeremy clutched the paper to his chest.

"And I will always love you too."

~~~

1207 words

Heey... I'm sorry. *smiles sheepishly* Wednesday's update is the last update until I get the fourth book up and running. This series isn't over yet! Alrighty, I'll see you guys on Wednesday! Have an awesome day!